Are you looking for a new position within a fast-paced food manufacturing company?
Alexander Steele is working in partnership with a large food manufacturing company based in West Yorkshire. They are currently looking for an Ingredients Buyer to join their team.
The Ingredients Buyer will work within the Procurement & Stock control team answering directly to the Procurement Manager
The role will be working Monday - Friday and will pay circa £28,000 - £35,000 depending on your experience.
- Responsibility for Ingredients and raw materials ordering
- Expediting materials to fit the production schedule where required
- Collate and analyse category spend data, develop and implement strategic sourcing plans
- Update and Maintain the ERP system including Vendor details and pricing
- Check and report any delivery and / or price discrepancies
- Monitor supplier performance
- Liaise with other departments on pricing and availability of items
- Identify and deliver savings initiatives and maximise benefits from leveraging spend
- Obtain competitive quotes for products on request
- Place purchase orders for stock items and internal requisitions
- Accurately report on a range of topics and communicate to all stakeholders
- Efficiently manage contracts including commercial negotiations & SLAs
- Previous purchasing / buying experience within the food manufacturing sector is highly desirable
- Strong negotiation skills
- CIPS or similar qualification would be beneficial
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Use of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel etc).
If you would like to learn more about this great opportunity, please apply with your most recent CV.