Intake & Despatch Supervisor - Scunthorpe, DN15 8SN
Salary : £9.50 Per Hour
Shift : 6.30am to finish (Monday to Friday)
Barrowcliffe’s specialise in the preparation and distribution of fresh and/or cooked produce nationwide.
Owned by Kettle Produce Ltd, Barrowcliffe's is one of the UK’s longest running food processing companies and have successfully supplied the UK food sector with quality produce, consistent value and a commitment to service.
Barrowcliffes have three main sites, Hooton Street, Nottingham, Padge Road, Beeston and Bellwin Drive, Scunthorpe.
We pride ourselves on the ability to deliver freshly prepared and wholesale produce to the required specification to meet our customer’s needs nationwide.
About the Role
Reporting to the Production Manager you will ensure that despatch runs in lines with customer requirements and that intake controlled, and all stock put away in a timely manor.
You will ensure the yard the warehouse and intake are tidy with good identification of stock and stock rotation is controlled and, control and record all trays and pallets in and out of the business.
You will be hardworking, reliable, adaptable with a flexible and confident approach. You must demonstrate a positive "can do" attitude.
You must be able to work on your own initiative as well as part of a successful team. You will also need to have the ability to manage your own time and workload and respond to and prioritise a range of competing demands.
Skills and Qualifications:
- A valid forklift truck license essential, with experience in counterbalance.
- Ideally candidate should be able to drive a truck of at least 7.5t.
- Ability to drive any of our vehicles, would be an advantage.
- Strong Verbal and Written Communication including good written English comprehension is essential.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Good interpersonal skills and the ability to develop working relationships.
- Excellent Time Management and ability to work to deadlines.
- Flexibility in working hours to suit the needs of the business.
- Team player
Benefits we offer
- 28 days holiday (pro rata)