- Are you an experienced Technical Manager in the food industry?
- Is your experience with a significant amount of functional ingredients and working B2B as well as with Blue Chip/ Retailers?
- Do you have experience of not only managing a team but of making changes to bring out the best in the people around you?
If so, my client is looking to recruit a Technical Manager to join their Food Manufacturing business based in Aberdeenshire. Reporting into the functional Director, you will be responsible for the day to day technical function of the factory as well as inspiring and motivating the whole business to understand the importance of Quality.
Key Responsibilities for the role of Technical Manager:
- Fully responsible for developing the Quality Improvement Plan across the site whilst ensuring that the importance of Quality is ingrained across the wide business.
- Be the main point of contact for all things Technical
- Ensure that food safety is ingrained across the business, with appropriate policies in place and adhered to.
- Work collaboratively with Operations so that there is One Approach to how the factory is run.
- Setting KPI's across the business and reporting back where necessary, whilst owning factory visits and audits.
- Previous experience of not only managing and inspiring a team is required, but you will need to work with the team to ensure that everyone is doing the right job, and to the highest standards.
The perfect candidate for the role of Technical Manager:
- Ideally educated to degree level, if not, equivalent experience in a food related discipline.
- Experience of working in a food manufacturing business whilst managing a team is essential.
- You must have dealt with the major retailers as well as worked B2B and be comfortable with this mix of customers.
- Advanced HACCP as well as Level 4 Food Safety and/or Lead Auditor.
- Highly experienced in Quality Assurance Management.
- Deliver what you say, when you say it.
- But the Biggy is your ability to work with, inspire and motivate a team. You must be able to demonstrate that you have delivered change to a business in terms of people and have the ability to educate the wider business about the importance of Quality within Food Manufacturing.
Salary: £55,000 - £65,000 plus benefits. Relocation package may also be considered for the perfect candidate!
Whilst this is a Monday to Friday job, as with all technical roles, there needs to be some flexibility to allow for the nature of the business and the demands of the customers as well as suppliers. This is a confidential role at the moment so whilst we would love to tell you everything from the word go, I am afraid it might not be possible for reasons I am sure you can appreciate. Your patience with this is appreciated.
Job Reference: 11529
Disclaimer: This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Winhurst Recruitment only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK. Whilst we will endeavour to contact you following your application, due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful, but we may keep your details on file for future opportunities.
GDPR: We take Data Protection very seriously at Winhurst Recruitment from both a client and candidate perspective. By submitting your CV to Winhurst Recruitment, you are giving us your personal data which includes full name, address, phone number and email address. We will add these details to our database to assist with your job search. Our full GDPR policy is on our website. This tells you why and how we hold your data, and for how long. https://www.winhurstrecruitment.co.uk/gdpr
Winhurst Recruitment Limited is an Equal Opportunities employer and is committed to providing all employees with a working environment that is free from discrimination, intimidation and harassment. We value diversity and actively promote equal opportunities to all so that employees are treated equally, with dignity and respect.