Quality Assessor (Days) - Thetford, Norfolk, IP25 6LW
Cranswick Country Foods in Watton, Norfolk is serious about its quality pork products. Now we’re hungry for talented people to join us. It’s win win; you achieve your potential, we achieve our ambitious growth plans
We are looking for a permanent QA to start working with us in our Retail department working days, 4 on/4 off shift pattern. After the Christmas period, this role will then transition into working in a new and exciting position as QA in the Primal laboratory area, working days, Monday to Friday shift pattern.
Job requirements of Retail QA:
- Troubleshooting – ‘Walking the factory floor’ to identify any issues ahead of them arising and taking appropriate action. Dealing with issues as and when required.
- Managing Corrective actions – making sure corrective actions are completed within appropriate timescales and that the relevant documents have been completed, e.g. hold log, non-conformance log. Reporting any complex issues to QA Supervisor or QA Manager.
- Audit paperwork – checking the production paperwork has been completed correctly by production staff (Checking production line paperwork)
- Hygiene Audits, micro swabbing and micro sampling product
- Checking the ‘online’ verifier and dealing with any issues
- Formal GMP, Fabrication and Process Control Audits
- Conduct documented checks that a % of the production run is within product specification
- Completing Trichinella testing as required
The ideal candidates will:
- Be self-motivated and able to work on your own initiative
- Be able to work additional hours as overtime may be required
- Ideally have experience of working within a fast pace food manufacturing environment
- Have a good level of both written and verbal English
- Ideally have Level 2 Food Hygiene/Safety certification
Pay and benefits:
- Salary – £10.52 per hour
- Attendance bonus after 1 years’ service
- Overtime – time and a third after basic hours
- Pension – currently 3% employer contributions/5% employee contributions
- Discounted sharescheme
- Discounted local gym membership
- Death in service insurance
- Enhanced holiday after 2 and 4 years’ service
Closing Date: 14th October 2020 (please note that should we receive significant interest; this closing date may be brought forward)
If you are an internal applicant, please ensure you have made your line manager aware before applying.