Bakery Operative - Iver, Buckinghamshire
Reporting to Factory Manager
Panificio Italiano is an independent bakery in Iver, Buckinghamshire. Its is a new state of art purpose built automated bakery. We bake quality products ranging from traditional recipes to new speciality breads.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for full time bakery operative to join our growing team in Iver, Buckinghamshire on a permanent basis.
As a bakery operative you will be working in a large-scale plant bakery making lots of types of bread. You will use large scale machines and production lines to make large batches of products which will then be sold and distributed to our clients and other wholesale customers.
Responsibilities and duties:
There are lots of different products (breads, rolls etc) be making the exact nature of your duties will vary, but is likely to include some or all of the following:
- Wrapping, slicing and packaging bread products
- Part baking and freezing the produce
- Setting temperatures and cooking times for different products
- Accurately weighing out and preparing ingredients for mixing
- Mixing, dividing and shaping dough prior to pruning.
- Baking various types of bread, rolls, Ciabiata etc.
- Using modern machinery and technology throughout the process.
- Cleaning machinery and workstation.
- As well as being practical you will likely to have some creative skills
- You will be able to read and understand labels and instructions and have a decent level of arithmetic so you can calculate weights and measures, cooking, and cooking times.
- You will be physically lifting and hauling involved.
- You must have knowledge of IT systems to allow you to programme the complicated machinery.
- As part of the Production team, you will possess the ability to work effectively with other people, in a well organised manner and who can communicate fluently as needed.
- You will need to demonstrate that you can work safely and in accordance with the Company hygiene rules at all times.
- Experience is not vital but would be essential, training will be provided.
- GCSE’s will prove helpful
What Can I expect?
- You will be working 6 days a week between Sunday – Friday. The shift times will vary on a weekly basis. You can be expected to work 48 hours a week.
- You will need to wear protecting clothing which includes safety shoes and PPE.As you may expect conditions maybe hot and dusty, although air conditioning is the norm.
- Although much of the work is automated you may still be expected to do a degree of lifting so be ready for this.
The Successful candidate will be required to:
- Ability to follow written and oral instructions
- Ability to follow strict Health and Safety hygiene procedures
- Good team working skills
- Good observational skills