Warehouse Operative - Iver, Buckinghamshire
Reporting to Supply Chain Manager
Panificio Italiano is an independent bakery in Iver, Buckinghamshire. It is a new state of art purpose built automated bakery. We bake quality products ranging from traditional recipes to new speciality breads.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for full time bakery operative to join our growing team in Iver, Buckinghamshire on a permanent basis.
As a Warehouse Operative you will be part of the Supply Chain team. You will hold goods and equipment until they are ready to be distributed to our clients.
You will do a variety of jobs in the process such as taking delivery of goods into a warehouse for sorting, stacking and storage and then eventually be picking and packing items to dispatch.
Responsibilities and duties:
There are lots of different products (breads, rolls etc) which you will sort, stack and check. The exact nature of your duties will vary, but is likely to include some or all of the following:
- Loading and unloading delivery vehicles by hand or with a forklift truck.
- Checking for damaged or missing items and then sorting stock for storage in the warehouse.
- Keeping a careful record of the stock on the warehouse management system, so that it can be located quickly.
- Operating a forklift truck to move and rearrange stock and ensure products are stored safely.
- Organising transfers and loading goods onto delivery vehicles. Cleaning and maintaining the warehouse will also be part of the daily routine.
- With heavy equipment in operation warehouses can be dangerous places, so following workplace health and safety rules will be essential.
- There will be physical lifting and hauling involved.
- You must have knowledge of IT systems to allow you to programme the complicated machinery.
- As part of the Supply Chain team, you will possess the ability to work effectively with other people, in a well organised manner and communicate fluently as needed.
- You will need to demonstrate that you can work safely and in accordance with the Company hygiene rules at all times.
- Experience in a similar role is vital.
- Relevant qualifications, minimum GCSE’s or equivalent.
- Must require Counterbalance forklift license
- Must require Bendi forklift license.
- Strong work ethic and the ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Full Training will be provided onsite.
What Can I expect?
- You will be working 6 days a week between Sunday – Friday. The shift times will vary on a weekly basis. You can be expected to work 48 hours a week.
- You will need to wear protecting clothing which includes safety shoes and PPE. As you may expect conditions maybe hot and dusty, although air conditioning is the norm.
- Although much of the work is automated you may still be expected to do a degree of lifting so be ready for this.
The Successful candidate will be required to:
- Ability to follow written and oral instructions
- Ability to follow strict Health and Safety hygiene procedures
- Good team working skills
- Good observational skills
- Minimum GCSE’s or relevant qualification
- Proficient in using Excel
- Company Pension scheme
- 28 days holiday inclusive of bank holidays
- Onsite parking