IT Business Relationship Director - Global Manufacturing
McCormick & Company, Inc., a world leader in the spice, flavor and seasonings industry, is seeking a full time IT Business Relationship Director, Global Manufacturing. This position reports to the VP of IT Business Solutions.
With more than $5 billion in annual sales, 40 factories and 25 distribution centers, McCormick manufactures markets and distributes spices, seasoning mixes, condiments and other flavorful products to the entire food industry – retail outlets, food manufacturers and foodservice businesses. We create differentiating flavors consumers prefer with unmatched quality, science, innovation and service. Every day, no matter where or what you eat, you can enjoy food flavored by McCormick. McCormick brings passion to flavor™!
As a company recognized for exceptional commitment to employees, McCormick offers a wide variety of benefits, programs and services. Benefits include, but are not limited to, tuition assistance, medical, dental, vision, disability, group life insurance, 401(k), profit sharing, paid holidays and vacations.
As a Supply Chain IT leader, the Business Relationship Director (BRD) is responsible to drive the digitalization of manufacturing operations globally. The BRD works with business partners across McCormick globally to stimulate and shape demand for capabilities and solutions. This individual leads cross-functional teams to develop long-term plans, multi-million dollars business cases and capability roadmaps. Acts as a supply chain and technology expert by recommending strategic initiatives that enable the enterprise digital transformation and drive incremental business value. Provides technical leadership and coaching on solutions design, architecture, implementation, deployment and support.
In parallel to the supply chain digitalization, McCormick has engaged into a global business transformation and is implementing a new SAP-centered enterprise applications landscape. Within this program, this position is accountable to defining and delivering the manufacturing solutions for all manufacturing plants globally. This is a very large, complex, strategic and transformational program wherein the BRD is expected to play a critical leadership role and help shape the future of our company.
The ideal candidate excels at communicating strategies, capabilities, solutions, roadmaps and trends both inside IT and with business leaders up to C-level executives, in a form and level that each audience can consume.
This individual is responsible for the direct management of a global team.
- Drive the business of IT
- Partner with business leaders globally to:
- Jointly shape technology needs, requirements and transformational opportunities to enable the global digital business transformation and boost business performance.
- Measure adoption, business case realization and develop future capability roadmaps.
- Plan new initiatives, evaluate ideas, and determine how they align with strategic plans, business capability roadmaps and priorities.
- Partner with IT Global Solution Delivery, IT Global Infrastructure Services and IT Global Security to maintain visibility over the portfolio execution and align priorities.
- Act as internal advisor and visionary on emerging technologies by recommending strategic projects that bring incremental business value.
- Cost center and project budgets
- Lead budgetary efforts necessary for securing appropriate funding to deliver the roadmap. Responsible to drive business case definition for strategic projects.
- Accountable for the related technology cost center(s), budgeting technology projects and assistance in development of value propositions for solutions.
- Technology strategy and architecture
- Partner with Solution Architecture and IT Security on architecture strategy and technical innovation plans to support the IT vision with the business teams.
- Seek innovative solutions and share them with the business, weighing all key factors such as business fit, strategic alignment, total cost of ownership, technological fit, compliance, security requirements and user experience.
- Talent leadership and development
- Actively manage performance and development of global team members, including developing goals and supporting employees with their development plans.
- Mentor team to shape initiatives and work efforts to seek cost efficiencies and effectiveness for the business.
- By actively surveying technology and process innovation, identify, develop and embed technology and strategic capabilities that drive the digital transformation, profitable growth and/or competitive advantage for McCormick & Co. Drive innovation within the IT organization and the business through on-going evaluations of emerging or value-added solutions.
- Leverage external sources, network and partnerships to identify best practice and offer progressive solutions that fuel business growth or create a competitive advantage.
- Operational Excellence
- Actively drive and is accountable for team adherence to company and department policies and standards including, but not limited to: Sarbanes-Oxley, IT General Controls and IT Operating Model (ITOM) processes.
- BA/BSc - Business or Technology field, or related discipline
- Relevant experience in solution design, integration and/or development
- Relevant staff leadership experience
- Relevant budget and resource planning experience
- Relevant experience in leadership role in or supporting the supply chain function
- Relevant experience in full lifecycle SAP implementations, including deployments on a global scale.
- Supply chain and supply chain technology acumen and hands-on knowledge, including Industry 4.0 (MES, WCS, …)
- At least 1 Industry 4.0 (Manufacturing and/or Warehousing) full project lifecycle.
- Innovation leveraging progressive technologies (e.g. AI, AR)
- Track record of building and sustaining effective partnerships with business stakeholders, up to C-level executives.
- Executive presence; ability to influence
- Process and/or CPG industry experience
- Well versed in systems integration, including Cloud platforms and contemporary integration technology
- Team player, demonstrates exemplary leadership and is able to build relationships, interface effectively with all levels of the organization
- Progressive thinker, able to think and influence strategically across teams
- Experienced in managing relationships across multiple cultures and geographies up to the highest levels of the organization
- Passion for attracting, leading and developing talents
- Sharp analytical, problem solving and decision-making skills
- Global business, functional and financial acumen: able to understand the complexity of business on a global scale, embrace cultural and individual differences with empathy, work with the nuances of specific cultures to make informed decisions
- Strong time management, organizational and prioritization skills for self and others
- Project management skills in technical and business areas
- Excellent English verbal and written communication skills
- MBA or relevant Masters Degree
- Food & Beverage, Pharmaceutical or Life Science industry experience
- Professional certifications including PMP, SAP, CSCP, Six Sigma
- Experience implementing and deploying Wonderware
At McCormick, we bring our passion for flavor to work each day. We encourage growth, respect everyone's contributions and do what's right for our business, our people, our communities and our planet. Join us on our quest to make every meal and moment better.
Founded in Baltimore, MD in 1889 in a room and a cellar by 25-year-old Willoughby McCormick with three employees, McCormick is a global leader in flavour. With 12,400 employees around the world and more than $5 Billion in annual sales., the Company manufactures, markets and distributes spices, seasoning mixes, condiments and other flavourful products to the entire food industry, retail outlets, food manufactures, food service businesses and consumers
While our global headquarters are in the Baltimore, Maryland, USA area, McCormick operates and serves customers from nearly 50 locations in 27 countries and 135 markets in Asia-Pacific, China, Europe, Middle East and Africa, and the Americas, including North, South and Central America with recognized brands including Schwartz.
At McCormick, we have over a 100-year legacy based on our “Power of People” principle. This principle fosters an unusually dedicated workforce requiring a culture of respect, recognition, inclusion and collaboration based on the highest ethical values.
If you are looking for a new challenge and want to join a highly motivated team in a rewarding environment, seeking a competitive salary and benefits package and opportunity to work with a global flavour leader. Then please apply via our careers center https://career4.successfactors.com/sfcareer/jobreqcareer?jobId=85041&company=McCormick
Agencies: McCormick as needed will work with external recruitment vendors through our Agency Portal. Unless previously contacted, McCormick does not accept unsolicited resumes from external recruiting agencies.
McCormick is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer.