Production Quality Controller
£9.00 to £9.50 per hour
We are looking for a Production Quality Controller to join our multi-award winning, fast paced, innovative, frozen fruit manufacturing company. This role will be initially based in Newent, however, we are planning to move to a new facility in Ledbury within approximately 12 months.
As a Production Quality Controller you will be relied on to ensure that all products meet customer quality specification and to liaise with other colleagues and departments if specifications are not met. You will also ensure that food safety rules are adhered to at all times.
Applicants should have previous experience in a similar Quality Control role, ideally within a food packaging manufacturing environment, however if you have transferable skills from another quality role within a different industry then appropriate training can be given. Applicants should have an understanding of HACCP principles and be able to be flexible in order to cover shift patterns and overtime.
- Confident and assertive team player, capable of prioritising multiple tasks quickly and efficiently
- Good communication and organisational skills
- Positive attitude
- Great attention to detail; right first time
- Experience in Quality Control within food manufacturing would be an advantage
- Able to react and prioritise tasks in a fast paced environment
- All procedures and records are issued in English. Applicants must be able to read, write and communicate in English.
- The role will include manual handling of material; some heavy lifting is required.
- Carrying out test procedures for quality control of products to a high degree of accuracy and repeatability
- Inspecting the raw material on arrival and in process
- Completion of relevant paperwork to ensure full traceability at all times.
- Ensure that agreed customer specifications are achieved.
- Ensuring the that the company procedures are followed by all staff and visitors to the production area
- Prepare samples from production for testing in a timely manner
- Setting up x-ray and monitoring CCP, check-weigh and label applicator
- Start up checks
- Ensure that labels are correctly issued and applied as per the procedure
- Liaising with other departments as and when necessary
- Communicating any quality issues to the Production Supervisor and Quality Manager; if required requesting product quarantined.
- Assisting in the preparation of customer samples
We are currently working a two shift system, Monday to Friday 6:00am to 3:30pm and 3:30pm to 1:00am on a rotational basis. Overtime, including weekends is available subject to production requirements and overtime rates apply after 48 hours.
Due to the shift patterns, applicants must either be within walking distance or have their own transport.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE!