37.5 hours per week Monday to Friday
25 days holiday + bank holidays
Highly competitive rewards package including Group Pension
Excellent career progression prospects across the Bakkavor group
Bo’ness Salads is part of Bakkavor Group plc, the leading provider of fresh prepared food in the UK, with a growing international presence in the US and China. UK customers include Tesco, Marks & Spencer, Sainsbury's and Waitrose and International customers include KFC, Costa, Pret, Starbucks and McDonalds. In the UK, Bakkavor has 25 factories which are grouped into four core sectors: Meals, Pizza & Bread, Salads and Desserts.
Our busy Bo’ness site forms part of our UK Bakkavor Salads business and specialises in the production of fresh, high quality salad products working primarily with a premium retailer. We produce over 70million salad-based meals and side dishes from our 2 manufacturing facilities employing over 1000 people.
This is a unique role working in the culinary Development team at Bakkavor Salads, working alongside some of the most creative minds in the Food Manufacturing industry.
Responsible for delivering new inspiring salads and food to go for our customers and consumers.
To provide the business with creative development which results in the launch of new products in both current and new categories.
- Present ideas clearly, accurately and persuasively to achieve creative development throughout the Business.
- Understands what good looks like and is able to drive consistent standards in line with business expectations
- Understand the wants and needs of both internal and external customers to keep us continually ahead of our competition.
- Overall awareness of retailer’s comparative products from all major retailers.
- Self- managed to enable the delivery of projects across the Business to agreed timescales and budget.
- Constantly keeping the Business aware of world-wide food through ingredients, techniques and leading chefs.
- Benchmark current products and agree with Business improvements and upgrades
You will be working as a development chef within the food manufacturing environment or equally be a dessert / patisserie Chef in a restaurant/hotel with a demonstrable breadth of patisserie knowledge. A culinary arts degree is desirable but not essential. You will be able to articulate clearly and passionately about your skill. Be resilient, able to work in a fast paced environment maintaining an eye for detail.
In return you will receive a salary a competitive salary depending on experience, pension, healthcare and bonus.
This role is Monday to Friday 8.30am – 5pm with some flexibility at key times.