Reach Truck Operative - Warehouse - Peterborough
About The Role
You will support your Section Leaders in delivering an effective and efficient operation against daily and weekly targets and plans. Perform an active role in delivering an effective, efficient picking and despatch operation on a day to day basis. Support all areas of the business where the Supply Chain is crucial to daily practices.
- Ensure that pallets moved in and out of the warehouse or elsewhere on site are stacked and strapped in a safe and risk free manner
- Working as a team to ensure the picking, scanning, labelling, and palletisation of all customers finished goods meet the requirements set out by each customer’s specific guidelines / Supplier handbook
- Engage with production teams to ensure depot out-loads times and volumes are fulfilled - On Time, In Full
- Assist with trailer plans, intake and despatch paperwork as and when required
- Unload and confirm arrival quantities against expected consignment reports and liaise with Quality Control and supply chain teams
- Manage drivers on site and their paperwork
- Maintain pallet trucks check every day in accordance with related SOP’s
- Unloading/loading lorries with packaging, empty pallets or trays
- Intake – checking and inputting deliveries with the incoming stock. Checking the quality of incoming stock
- Continuous replenishment of all packaging areas
- To ensure food safety and quality related procedures are adhered to by all operatives.
- To ensure the production line is kept clean posing no risk of food safety.
- To ensure clean as you go policy is followed at all times.
- To ensure all food safety and quality standards are met relevant checks are completed in time.
- To ensure products are packed upto the food safety and quality standards as per the specification.
- To ensure that all product safety and quality related issues are dealt with and reported to the line manager.
- An in-date Reach Truck licence is essential
- Excellent planning and organisational skills
- Good all round communication skills
- A keen eye for detail
- Previous intake or despatch experience is essential
- Previous experience within Fresh Produce / Food Production / FMCG environment
AM FRESH is a world leader in fresh, natural and healthy foods. At AM FRESH Group we specialise in innovating and developing fresh products through biotechnology and applied science. With operations in more than 50 countries, our company has a consolidated presence in the production and innovation of fresh food products including fresh fruit, fresh juices, ice cream, soups, free-from yogurt and flowers.
AMK is a newly created business owned by AM FRESH to manage the packing, warehousing and distribution of products to Tesco within the UK. We now have an exciting opportunity to join our growing business at our new state-of-the-art chilled food facility in Peterborough which is expected to employ around 300 people.
We are proud to have supported Tesco with their Citrus, Grape and other fresh fruit offering for a number of years and this new facility and partnership takes this relationship further as we look to expand our product range with Tesco.
Our values live in our minds and our hearts. We commit to the highest ethical standards and a strong stewardship for the progress of the food industry in benefit of consumers, communities, partners and the land.