Compliance Technologist - Norwich
We have a fantastic opportunity for a Compliance Technologist to join our team at Booja-Booja producing luxury, multi award-winning organic, melt-in-the-mouth dairy free chocolate truffles and creamy plant based, vegan ice cream, lovingly made in Norfolk.
The Compliance Technologist is responsible for maintaining due diligence within the Technical function including: updating and maintaining the Quality Management System, writing and maintaining accurate specifications for finished products including customer specific formats, ingredients, packaging, cleaning and Quality Assurance Standards. There is also responsibility for managing supplier due diligence with some supplier audits, internal audit, managing the testing schedules and log including follow up on out of specification results, HACCP validation and providing, and checking, legal information for printed packaging.
Key areas of responsibility are: Quality Management System, Supplier Information, Specifications, Testing Tasting & Training, Internal Audits.
Ideal candidates will have
- Food Science / Technology or related qualification to degree level.
- Intermediate level MS Office knowledge with the ability to create and understand reports.
- Experience in the creation and analysis of technical information, with an understanding of standard methodologies.
- Numerate, with an ability to interpret numerical data i.e. excel spreadsheets with technical data
- Effective communicator with ability to use appropriate content, method and style of delivery when communicating with colleagues.
- Ability to work within a small team, and independently as required.
- Food Hygiene qualification to Level 3.
- Auditing qualification to Level 3.
- Good working knowledge of food labelling legislation (specifically FIC 2013) for checking label accuracy.
- Good working knowledge of food Quality Management Systems.