Location: Milton Keynes
Salary: up to £28,000 per annum
Closing Date: Friday 01 November 2019
Adelie Foods is the UK’s leading Food to Go business, supplying the UK retail and foodservice sectors with an unrivalled portfolio of consumer insight-led chilled food product. From its three manufacturing locations and five distribution centres across the country, Adelie supplies a diverse range of retail and foodservice customers with over 3,000,000 fresh sandwiches and 250,000 salad packs every single week.
We are currently recruiting for a Assistant Accountant to be based in our manufacturing site in Milton Keynes.
As an Assistant Accountant you will be supporting the Site Accountant in day to day activities in order to provide timely and accurate information to the operation and the wider business. You will be processing invoice queries to ensure timely payment to suppliers and ensuring correct transactions in the accounts as well as preparing and taking ownership of the monthly management accounts reports.
- Effective management of invoice processing to ensure timely payment
- Completing daily, weekly & monthly reports
- Preparation of month end journals and KPI information
- Reconciling Agency timesheets with hours and raising POs
- Tracking Capex spend
- Process Petty Cash and checking expenses
- Control of non-conformance credit notes
- Tracking project savings and exceptional expenditure
- Control of Balance Sheets Recs/ Accruals/ Prepayments
- Ad-hoc support to the wider finance tram as necessary
The working days for this role are Monday to Friday and the working times are 8.30am to 5pm, however we can be flexible for the right candidate.
The ideal candidate
- AAT qualified or qualified by experience
- Handling and reviewing large volumes of data
- Accounts Payable experience would be beneficial
- Good communication skills across the shifts and interdepartmental areas
- Ability to work alone or as part of team
- A minimum of 1 years’ experience in a FMCG production industry
In return for your time & hard work
- Salary, up to £28,000 per annum
- 33 Days annual leave (including bank holidays)
- Pension scheme
- Life Assurance
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Free Employee Assistance Programme
- Free parking
- Free Sandwiches
Interested? Apply Now!
It takes a diverse team of committed individuals to achieve quality results. That’s why at Adelie we are proud of our diversity and welcome you for who you are and who you want to become. We are committed to equality of opportunity in all areas of its work.