What makes working at Mondelēz International so special? Many things. The iconic brands and global nature of our business. The continuous innovation and endless opportunities to grow. The chance, each and every day, to put a smile on people’s faces. We’re the world’s leading maker of Chocolate, Biscuits, Candy and Gum with billion-dollar brands like Cadbury, Milka, Prince and Oreo and we now have an exciting opportunity to join our team.
Sheffield is home to some of the UK’s most iconic sweets brands: Maynards, Trebor and Bassett’s. It’s the largest sugar confectionery plant in the Mondelēz International network across Europe and produces approx 40,000 tonnes of sweets each year.
Please note that we recruit for these vacancies regularly throughout the year, so there may be a delay in response following your application between recruitment campaigns. Our Process Engineers are key members of our production lines, becoming experts in the technologies of our lines along with developing and teaching operating procedures to ensure they are fully effective.
You will also use systems to build capability of operators and technicians, develop and deliver training and skills improvements, and ensure there is a high level of technical competence within the operating team.
Drive Process reliability and stability by solving the chronic problems on the line:
- Understand and analyse process variability root causes and define systems to eliminate them.
- Design and define critical process parameters and centrelines; track and ensure adherence to them.
- Give technical confirmation to any request or project proposal that affects the process or equipment.
Process data gathering and issues analysis:
- Implement & maintain systems to collect, collate and analyse data on key process parameters.
- Identify and prioritise process capability issues for performance or quality.
- Coach & teach the team to solve these issues.
- Improve process capability and quality:
- Identify improvement opportunities and projects.
- Take responsibility for implementation by leading and coaching the line teams.
- Qualifications Candidate Requirements:
- University education in Engineering.
- Fundamental know how and experience in food processes and products.
- Good knowledge of engineering health and Safety and legislation.
- Skills/Leadership competencies:
- Coaching mindset – succeed through others.
- Analytical and conceptual skills, technical judgement and design knowledge.
- Knowledge of Continuous Improvement (CI) processes and programmes.
- Placement experience in the Food Industry.
- Leading or coaching others.
- English - required.
- Additional European language - preferred.
- We pride ourselves on having a high performing and collaborative culture where we offer support and development to enhance your career and develop your knowledge and skills. In return for your commitment, drive and enthusiasm, we offer an attractive benefits package within a highly successful International business that offers financial rewards and resources, including bonus scheme, contributory pension, life assurance, generous holiday allowance and a flexible benefits programme.