Category Development Manager - 12 Month FTC
What makes working at Mondelēz International so special? Many things. The iconic brands and global nature of our business. The continuous innovation and endless opportunities to grow. The chance, each and every day, to put a smile on people’s faces. We’re the world’s leading maker of Chocolate, Biscuits, Candy and Gum with billion-dollar brands like Cadbury, Milka, Prince and Oreo and we now have an exciting opportunity to join our team. Purpose of Role
To develop clear category strategies internally and to build in actionable category strategies that can be used externally with Mondelez customers. Responsible for identifying category opportunities and initiatives to drive growth or defend risk. The expert on market, category, shopper, consumer and the macro environment by leveraging all available data sources.
- Delivery of category KPI's.
- To be viewed as the Category expert with the trade and create compelling, actionable and measurable category strategies with specific responsibility for multiple impulse and impulse channels.
- Provide thought leadership internally and externally around brand and category initiatives (promotional strategy / budget planning).
- Develop 'best in class' in store event management linked to key marketing activities or NPD launches.
- Leading delivery of category dashboard / fundamentals (how we look at the category / KPI's).
- Ongoing assessment of critical baseline volume opportunities / risks and lead initiatives to optimise category performance.
- Partnership approach with marketing as the sales lead on any key initiatives e.g. NPD development & introduction.
Qualifications Person Specification
- Considerable FMCG experience preferable.
- Experience of Top 3 Grocery customers and or Impulse / Discounters channel.
- Experience in one of the following areas (Insight / Marketing / Sales).
We pride ourselves on having a high performing and collaborative culture where we offer support and development to enhance your career and develop your knowledge and skills.
In return for your commitment, drive and enthusiasm, we offer an attractive benefits package within a highly successful International business that offers financial rewards and resources, including bonus scheme, contributory pension, life assurance, generous holiday allowance and a flexible benefits programme.