Junior Automation Engineer
Are you a recently qualified Engineer who is looking to expand their skill-set in a role that offers an opportunity for you to shine with in a global company? Are you keen to make your mark in your next career step? Then this could be the role you’re looking for.
We are looking for an Junior Automation Engineer, based at our Purina factory in Sudbury.
At Purina PetCare, we're passionately committed to helping pets enjoy happier, healthier and longer lives because we're pet owners too.
In our Sudbury factory the 200 strong workforce produce some of the UK’s most popular brands including Go-Cat, Bakers, Purina ONE, BETA and Pro Plan providing consumers with a product to meet their every need. And this ancient, bustling market town in the heart of the Stour valley is surrounded by countryside of outstanding natural beauty making Sudbury an idea place for animal lovers. Plus, there’s the added advantage of London being a 45 minute train ride away from nearby Colchester.
Manufacturing in Nestlé is all about ensuring the consumer receives a perfect quality product, at the right time and place whilst driving losses from our business in order to maximise efficiency & productivity. This is particularly critical as we continue our journey towards being a LEAN Enterprise. This is the biggest change in the way we work that Nestlé have ever seen. It’s worldwide. It is exciting. You could play a key part in it.
A day in the life of...
As an Automation Engineer, you will be based within the maintenance team, providing support functions to the factory and production facilities by supporting and resolving automation issues and breakdowns.
Other key day-to-day activities will be:
- Support multi-skilled shift engineers and assist in identifying the root causes of production losses.
- Work with focussed improvement and production teams to identify and resolve underlying reasons for losses and implement software changes to resolve.
- Ensure documentation and program back ups are updated and correct.
- Engage with project teams to identify control solutions aligned with the factory's standards.
- Produce software code (Rockwell) to site standards on existing systems to support project implementation.
- Work with third-party contractors to ensure they produce software to site standards.
The factory is moving forward with continuous improvement principles and actively developing TPM processes so it is an exciting time to be involved, and it is expected that you will play a key part in the move from reactive to proactive maintenance.
What Will Make You Successful?
To be successful in this key role we expect you to ideally have experience working in a manufacturing maintenance environment and have strong service orientation amongst internal stakeholders with lots of proactive initiative and attention to detail.
Other key attributes we are looking for are:
- Ideally, you will have recently completed a recognised apprenticeship or hold a recognised electrical engineering qualification.
- Experience with Rockwell suite of applications (although other manufacturers may be considered) and familiarity of how PLCs function and are programmed
- Able to understand electrical schematics and control principles.
- Experience of working in closely controlled regulated working environment such as FMCG, heavy industry, pharmaceutical.
- Ability to produce high quality documentation of own work.
- Experience of modifications to visualisation software packages (HMIs)
What you need to know
We will be considering applicants as they apply, so please don’t delay in submitting your application.
To find out more about PURINA please visit: www.purina.co.uk
Nestlé UK & I is committed to equal opportunity for all. We may collect relevant data for monitoring as part of our candidate registration process.