At Cereal Partners UK we have established ourselves as one of the largest cereal manufacturers in the UK, making many well-loved brands with a long heritage. Our aim is simple: to provide high quality, nutritious and great tasting breakfast cereals. You could join our mission to create a nation of Cereal Lovers!
If you're ambitious and thrive in a fast-paced environment, you can go wherever you want with one of our Technical and Production careers. At Cereal Partners, we’re passionate about ensuring the consumer receives a perfect quality product, at the right time and place.
We’re looking for dynamic and hands-on Operations Manager to lead the Operations function for a designate area of the site in the production of breakfast cereals, ensuring goods are produced efficiently, on time, within budget and according to quality, safety, health and environment standards and specifications.
A day in the life of an Operations Manager
In this exciting new opportunity, you will drive continuous improvement through TPM and empower and motivate people to develop their capability.
- Ensure compliance with Company's quality, labour, hygiene, safety, health and environment policies and guidelines and with local Law and Company regulations. Maintain a safe working environment and provide continuous coaching support to team members. Ensure that products are consistently manufactured meeting prescribed standards in cost and quality.
- Responsible for developing department budgets and cost performance metrics and meeting the budget and cost goals. Plan production schedules so that production quotas are met in line with financial and time constraints.
- Using different continuous improvement tools and methodologies, develop plans to enhance the performance manufacturing in terms of safety, cost, quality, hygiene, productivity, etc.
- Responsible for planning, assigning and directing work and to formally assess team performance against objectives. Ensure ongoing smooth operation of the lines through effective employee and industrial relations. Build a strong team spirit and role model behaviours.
- Develop team by providing coaching, support, direction and documented performance appraisals. Provide ongoing feedback. Accountable for ensuring sound career and succession plans.
What will make you successful
This is an exciting career opportunity to join the world’s largest food company for candidates with solid technical skills.
- Degree qualified in a technical discipline or equivalent experience
- Proven experience at a senior level in production manufacturing in a supervisory/management role. Knowledge of breakfast cereal processes and techniques is a plus.
- Knowledge of raw and packaging materials used in the production of breakfast cereals.
- Experience on plant optimization along with involvement with continuous improvement activities.
- Understanding of Safety, Engineering, Quality and Labour regulations.
- TPM or Lean Manufacturing experience is desirable.
- Proven experience in Industrial Relations/negotiations is preferred.
- Proven experience managing cross- functional projects.
- Proven experience in Change Management.
In turn, Cereal Partners can offer in-depth training and a development programme to lift your skills and knowledge further, whilst being part of a highly motivated team.
What you need to know
We will be considering candidates as they apply, so please don’t delay in submitting your application. The opening date for this role is 04 October 2019 and the closing date is 08 November 2019.
Cereal Partners / Nestlé UK&I are committed to equal opportunity for all. We may collect relevant data for monitoring as part of our candidate registration process.