Weekly alternate shifts between 8am – 4pm and 9am – 5pm
Our supply chain really is at the heart of our entire business, the success of Nestle relies on its ability to effectively manage our hugely complex operation. We possess one of the most sophisticated value chains from farm to fork, putting the consumer at the heart of everything we do.
A day in the life of...
As a Delivery Assistant your role is to support the whole Delivery operations Team in providing a seamless, proactive service Monday-Friday. The wider 24/7 operation is responsible for the successful delivery of the product entrusted to Nestle logistics including customer deliveries, factory clearance, chocolate delivery, WIP, supplier inbound, backhauls, and work undertaken for 3rd parties.
Key responsibilities include:
- Supporting the Logistics Operation as required
- Allocating jobs coming in to the drivers and shunter team.
- Escalating major issues that could arise. Assisting management in decision making and escalating problems to a resolve.
- Proactively seeking and resolving problem that have the potential to impact on cost, service or quality, or that could resolve in a Health and safety issue.
- Ensure that Nestle and it’s hauliers operate legally within current and future transport legislation, reporting any issues to the duty Manager.
- Liaise and communicate effectively between subcontracting, scheduling operatives, store management and customer services. Achieving 100% delivery 1st time, reduced returns, controlled GCNs.
- Compile and issue KPI reports as defined
What will make you successful
Ideally you will have previous experience within Logistics, however this is not essential. Problem solving skills are key for this role as well as strong stakeholder management skills. You will be comfortable working with different systems and work well within a team environment.
You will have:
- A high degree of literacy and numeracy
- The ability to work to tight deadlines without direct supervision
- An excellent telephone manner
- Excellent problem solving skills
What you need to know
The closing date for this role is Wednesday 16th October 2019.
We will be considering candidates as they apply, so please don’t delay in submitting your application.
Nestlé UK&I is committed to equal opportunity for all. We may collect relevant data for monitoring as part of our candidate registration process.