Team Member - Thurrock, Essex, GB, RM20 2ZT
Join the family
At Greggs, our people are what makes our business successful. We keep our customers at the heart of everything we do and are proud that we can provide our customers with high quality, great value food and fantastic drinks, including coffee. Integral to the success of the business are our colleagues who make Greggs what it is today by helping to provide the fast and friendly service that our customers know and love.
We want you to be part of our vision and success by joining us as a Shift Leader at our brand new shop in Thurrock Lakeside Shopping Centre (coming soon!). This is a fantastic opportunity to be part of a fun and friendly shop team with a family atmosphere where customers come to experience the products and service they love and deserve; The Greggs Way!
We believe in helping our colleagues to reach their full potential and are committed to their learning and development, fostering a culture of upskilling and knowledge sharing. You can be sure that you’ll be provided with all the training you need to carry out your new role as Team Member with Greggs.
Age 16-17 Starter Rate: £6.90
Age 16-17 Full Rate: £7.12
Age 18+ Starter Rate: £8.21
Age 18+ Full Rate: £8.38
Shift Pattern and Contracted Hours
We have a number of permanent positions available, both full time, and part time. The opening hours of the shop Monday to Saturday 5am - 10.30pm and Sunday 7am - 6.30pm. It would be fantastic if you could be available to either work opening shifts, starting at 5am or closing shifts finishing at 10.30pm. Weekends will be worked on a rotational basis.
We would love to meet you, so if this opportunity sounds like something you'd be interested in please apply and we'll be more than happy to discuss your availability at interview stage.
Greggs Team Members are the face and voice of our organisation, engaging with our customers and offering a fantastic shopping experience no matter what time of day.
Join our family and you’ll be part of a team that loves to put the customer first in all that we do.
This means a passion for delivering fast and friendly service, pride in preparing our much loved products and keeping the shop clean and tidy; of course they’ll be time for some fun along the way.
You’ll fit right into the Greggs family if you’re not afraid of hard work and commitment. Some customer service experience always comes in handy although not essential.
To be able to:
- Deliver a fast and friendly service to every customer consistently
- Work as part of a team focused on delivering a fast and friendly customer experience
- Achieve consistently high standards to meet customers’ expectations
- Deliver relevant added-value to customers to increase sales
- Support profit protection through effective cost control
• Our Greggs Employee Staff Discount Scheme is very generous, offering you up to 50% off our food
• Your holiday entitlement starts with 21 days, in addition to bank holidays, which increases with service up to a maximum of 30 days after 25 years’ service. (Pro-rata for part time)
• After 6 months service you may be eligible for our profit share scheme where the company distributes 10% of its profits and allows you to share in the success of the business
• You will receive free life assurance after 1 years continuous service. This is a death in service benefit which provides a lump sum payment equal to one years’ salary
• You will automatically join our Greggs pension scheme which is a fantastic way to save for your retirement and allows you to benefit from employer contributions and tax advantages
• Other benefits include:
- Share Save and Share Incentive Schemes
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Healthcare Plans
- Cycle to Work Scheme
During the application process we'll keep in touch every step of the way. We know how big a decision it is for you to apply for a job. Once you do we'll work hard to keep you up to speed on how your application is progressing. With your help, we can make your application as quick and smooth as possible.