Operations Support Operative - Nightshift
5 days left
- Contract Type
- Full Time
Operations Support Operative - Nigthshift
Location: Hamilton, Scotland
Shift Pattern: 4on 4off, 19:00-07:00
Operations Support Operatives play a key role in the effective and efficient operation of the factory. They provide a service to all departments or (site service customers) by operating tray wash machines, tub wash machines and rack wash machines they maintain communal areas of the facility by use of mechanical floor cleaners. They operate compacting and bailing machinery and remove all segregated waste streams from within the facility. They are required to undertake basic cleaning duties such as cleaning of conveyors, tables etc. Be aware of all health and safety issues affecting their area including the wearing of PPE adopting and implementing good housekeeping practices. Promote a safe harmonious well-balanced atmosphere Lock and tag procedure is followed.
Key Result Areas:
- Quality and finished standards
- Spped and accuracy of cleaning
- Manual dexterity
- Excellent timekeeping
- Excellent attendance
- Hygiene, housekeeping and GMB
Principle Accountabilities/ Duties & Responsibilities:
- Operate floor cleaning equipment undertake cleaning of communal areas of facility
- Undertake duties to enhance the external areas of the factory light weeding and ground work
- Operating tub, tray and rack machines undertake cleaning of ingredient tubs trays and racks to agreed standards
- Operate bailing and compacting equipment removal of all waste streams.
- Keep compactor / bailing machines and areas in a hygienically clean and tidy state
Technical or Special Knowledge, Experience or Training:
- Elementary Food Hygiene training Certificate
- COSHH training
- Safe chemical handling training certificate
- Educated to at least standard grade “general level” in English and Mathematics.
- Ability to work with colleagues.
- Sound knowledge of the workings of the department
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to communicate at all levels
- A can-do approach
- Problem solving skills