Operational Support First Line Manager - Nightshift
3 days left
- Contract Type
- Full Time
To provide first line leadership for operational/hygiene teams to effectively deliver an operationally excellent, efficient performance ensuring that hygienic standards and a range of operational key performance indicators (KPI’s) are delivered on an hourly and shift basis. In your role you will be accountable for the daily hygiene aspects of your designated area. You will be responsible for ensuring the production of quality products in a safe and organised working environment.
Key Result Areas:
- A hands-on knowledge to strip and clean all critical kit and equipment to the agreed microbial standard and lead teams to conduct appropriate cleaning as per the documented cleaning instruction card (CIC) methodology.
- Conduct weekly stock checks and instigate the replenishment of consumables and cleaning chemicals.
- Ensure the robust and accurate completion of all hygiene documentation to an audit ready standard.
- Coordinate and facilitate periodic schedules of deep and high-level cleaning.
- Ensure full compliance with company quality and food safety systems including leading and conducting hygiene audits, HACCP, process control, PPE and allergen controls to ensure product is produced in a food safe environment.
- Hygiene labour costs at or better than budget for manning and efficiency ensuring optimising labour numbers across site.
- Ensure operational/hygiene teams are managed consistently and fairly, taking consistent action with poor performance as well as encouraging and recognising good performance.
Principle Accountabilities/ Duties & Responsibilities:
- To manage, develop and lead the operational/hygiene teams.
- The successful competence and capability development of direct reporting operational/hygiene team’s members to Operational Support First Line Managers.
- To ensure the unit complies with company and legal standards (safety, quality, hygiene, environment, security).
- Delivers the Operational strategy and plan and uses their team to ensure continuous improvement activity is in place to drive year on year improvements across both Manufacturing and Hygiene.
- Meet cost standards by being cost critical on waste, consumables, chemicals, total labour numbers, output rates and people productivity.
- Full deputy holder status for the Operational Support Manager role.
- Experience in managing people including leading a team
- A clear understanding of current relevant legislation i.e. COSHH assessments, risk assessments for machinery and equipment.
- Pest Awareness Training.
- Experience of an ERP driven process.
- Knowledge and experience of microbiological standards, allergen controls and GMP.
- Can demonstrate a sound understanding of the manufacturing/hygiene process
- Analytical and problem-solving skills for breakdowns / quality /waste issues
- Basic PC skills to support communication, analysis and reporting
- Educated to degree level or equivalent in a Business or Hygiene/Manufacturing/Engineering subject.
- Previous experience of the cake or confectionary processing/manufacturing industry in a senior site or area lead capacity.
- Educated to ILM L2 or equivalent in a related vocational subject
- Be conversant with plant and process hygiene to understand the nature of issues
- Previous experience of food manufacturing