Operations Manager – FMCG Production – Blue Chip Multinational
We have an exciting opportunity for a high calibre Operations Manager to join a large FMCG manufacturing facility in the North West - part of a much larger International Group - a forward thinking and innovative market leader.
Day to day your main responsibility will be to plan, organise and control production, ensuring goods are produced efficiently, on time, within budget and according to quality, safety, health and environment standards and specifications.
- Driving forward our continuous improvement activities through TPM.
- Ensuring compliance with Company's quality, labour, hygiene, safety, health and environment policies and guidelines and with local Law and Company regulations.
- Maintaining a safe working environment and providing continuous coaching support to team members.
- You will be responsible for developing department cost budget and performance metrics and meeting the budget and cost goals.
- Planning production schedules to meet production demand in line with financial and time constraints and in line with the budget.
- You will work with Engineering to ensure equipment is maintained in proper working order ensuring appropriate calibration.
- Work with Engineering to ensure equipment is in proper working order ensuring appropriate calibration.
- You will effectively manage daily, weekly and monthly reviews to cascade targets and escalate issues. Making sure we achieve the production plan and to identify and achieve performance improvements.
- Responsible for planning, assigning and formally assessing the team performance against objectives.
- You will empower, motivate and develop the team’s capability by providing coaching, support, direction and documented performance appraisals.
- You will deputise for the factory manager when required.
The person that is successful in this role will have a strong manufacturing background with a continuous improvement mind set.
Other attributes would include:
- Ideally, degree qualified in a technical discipline or equivalent.
- Proven extensive experience of production manufacturing in a supervisory/management role.
- Possess knowledge of raw and packaging materials.
- Experience on plant optimisation along with involvement with continuous improvement activities (TPM).
- Understanding of Safety, Engineering, Quality and Labour regulations.
- Able to provide guidance, coaching and direction to team members, including setting high performance standards and monitoring performance.
- Ability to challenge effectively across all levels of management.
- Ability to handle complaints, dispute resolution and resolve grievances and conflicts, with solid negotiation skills.
- Strong skills to identify root causes of the problems and in setting plans to reduce or eliminate them.
- Sound judgement and decision-making ability; highly proficient in organisation and planning.
- Able to work effectively under pressure in a fast-paced 24/7 production environment, with a high-energy, proactive style.
To apply for the role, please send your CV and salary details to Expion Search & Selection using the ‘Apply Now’ button.
All CVs will be acknowledged.