Quality Assurance Specialist
Classic Fine Foods UK Ltd is a purveyor and distributor of fine food from around the world - we source the highest quality products we can find, from truffles to caviar, foie gras to chocolate, plus many more delicacies. Through close partnerships with our suppliers, we deliver the highest quality of fresh, ambient and frozen products to the finest restaurants, hotels and retailers in the UK.
Reporting to the Quality Manager the successful candidate will be a vital part of the Quality team, ensuring our products meet all the necessary requirements before they reach our customers.
- Request the latest product specifications and maintain of a database of over 8000 product lines.
- Handling customer complaints and investigating non-conformance.
- Collate and manage the data required to comply with Producer Responsibility Packaging Waste Obligations.
- Ensure adherence to health and safety guidelines as well as legal obligations.
- Maintain allergens database.
- Conduct internal product checks.
- Provide administrative support to the Quality Department.
- Complete and follow up on requests for information from customers, suppliers and the business.
- Assist in quality audit related tasks.
- Other ad hoc duties that may be required from time to time.
This role will require day to day liaison with internal and external contacts including suppliers, customers, hauliers, the sales and customer service teams and the warehouse team.
Required Skills and Experience
- Minimum of two years’ experience in a quality / technical role
- Experience of complying with packaging waste regulations
- Knowledge of BRC Global Standards Certification
- Highly organised with good attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- A dynamic individual with the ability to multitask
- Able to work under pressure and manage priorities
- A can do solution based approach to quality control
- Proficient with Excel - vlookup, pivot tables, database tools
- French language skills desirable