Category Insights Manager - Marketing
We are currently recruiting for an experienced Category Insights Manager to join our CPUK business based at our Head Office in Welwyn Garden City. This role will report directly into the Category Development Manager and is a fantastic opportunity to join a team that is striving for best in class across all things Category management.
A little bit about us
Nestlé SA is the world’s largest Health, Wellness & Nutrition business, employing over 7000 employees in the UK alone. Cereal Partners Worldwide was formed in 1990 as a joint venture between Nestlé S.A. and American food giant General Mills. Our global Head Office is situated in Lausanne, Switzerland, with the regional office located in Welwyn Garden City, Hertfordshire.
At Cereal Partners UK we have established ourselves as one of the largest cereal manufacturers in the UK, making many well-loved brands with a long heritage, such as Shredded Wheat, first introduced over a hundred years ago. Our aim is simple: to provide high quality, nutritious
A day in the life of...
As an experienced Category Insights Manager you’ll focus on championing what is best for the Cereal Category and ultimately deliver growth for our customers and CPUK. You’ll do this through being the ‘go to’ for all things relating to category and shopper insights for Cereal Partners and our retailers, providing recommendations and strategic advice based on solid category insight both internally and externally. Our aim being – “Trusted for putting the shopper first”. You’ll also:
- Work pro-actively in managing customer range reviews, merchandising changes, store trials and adhoc projects providing fact based recommendations and solutions whilst ensuring all key customer deadlines are met.
- Contribute to the annual category planning process to clearly drive the strategic direction for your key customers and ensure the category growth agenda is always top of mind.
- Develop long-term sustainable category partnerships with key retailer contacts.
- Set up and maintain regular meetings with the buyer to progress the category plan.
- Champion our category and shopper vision as a framework for long-term growth, tailoring where possible to increase customer relevance and understanding. Work alongside the Shopper team to then provide actionable recommendations for activation or trial.
- Produce advanced data analysis from multiple data sources to provide relevant reports, category updates and trend updates.
- Participate in shopper research projects as and when required.
What will make you successful?
You’ll be a graduate (or equivalent), and you’ll have a breadth of category insights experience in a blue chip, FMCG business (or similar). You’ll have a proven track record in being a data expert. Having experience of interrogating some of the following data sources such as Kantar, IRI, HIM, Dunnhumby or Aimia to generate insight and champion data usage across the business. You’ll also:
- Have excellent attention to detail.
- Demonstrate strong planning and organisational skills are essential.
- Be highly numerate and analytical ideally with prior working knowledge of category EPOS data.
- Be able to work on own initiative and as part of a wide cross functional team.
- Have a real aptitude for IT skills and previous experience in space planning systems would be advantageous.
- Be comfortable in front of customers and be able to influence them by presenting with expertise on the category.
- Category Insights experience from a channel perspective ideally within convenience and/or online would be desirable.
What you need to know
What can we offer in return? Great benefits you’d expect from a business the size of Nestlé – in the shape of a competitive salary and benefits package, bonus scheme, flexible working scheme, 25 days holiday plus statutory holidays plus flex, private healthcare, pension scheme and a real focus on personal development and growth.
This is a full time, permanent opportunity but we are always open to discuss individual’s flexible working needs so please speak to use during the recruitment process on what this could look like. We will be considering applicants as they apply, so please don’t delay in submitting your application.
Nestlé UK & I is committed to equal opportunity for all. We may collect relevant data for monitoring as part of our candidate registration process.