Quality Specialist 12 Month FTC
We have an exciting opportunity here in York; we are looking for a Quality Specialist to join the Quality team on a temporary basis.
All Nestlé factories are responsible for producing goods, which meet the exceptional standards of food safety, hygiene and quality, which are the hallmark of every Nestlé product. That is where the Nestlé quality team comes in. We are the champions of quality across all Nestlé businesses in the UK. Our job is to ensure that our products always meet the expectations of our consumers and to provide our colleagues in Production & Technical with the best practice Quality Assurance that will make this possible.
A day in the life of...
You will be working in a team of Quality professionals who will have high expectations, but will support and develop you in your role. You will be representing Nestlé to our suppliers and you will have contact with a wide range of individuals across the Nestlé business and our factories. You will be expected to learn new tasks quickly; prioritise and manage your workload; and work effectively in a team.
Key responsibilities of this role will include:
- Ensuring that the technical and quality data for all ingredient and packaging suppliers is kept updated. This includes requesting updated certification documentation and ingredient information from suppliers and supporting the use of new suppliers.
- Checking the information returned from suppliers for changes against previously supplied information and material specifications. Queries will need to be followed up with suppliers and significant changes must be shared within Nestlé.
- Supporting the development and use of quality management systems through user access checks, system checks, training, troubleshooting and workshops. Identifying and implementing improvements to ways of working.
- Supporting factories and the business by carrying out projects and supporting improvement initiatives.
- Maintaining the competency development manuals for Quality and Production personnel and supporting the development of training materials for improving quality competency.
- Supporting other members of the Group Quality team as required.
What will make you successful
We are looking for an agile individual with excellent attention to detail. Other attributes are:
- Educated to a degree standard (or equivalent) in a Science or Food Science discipline.
- Experience of working on projects and organising workload.
- An analytical thinker with a keen eye for detail.
- Experience in the use of Microsoft Office, including Excel and PowerPoint.
- A keen interest in continuous improvement activities.
What You Need To Know
Although this is a temporary position, we are keen to hear from individuals that would like a long-term career in Quality Management, as we may have other opportunities in the future across the function.
Nestlé UK & I are committed to equal opportunity for all. We may collect relevant data for monitoring as part of our candidate registration process.