We have an exciting opportunity at our Purina site in Sudbury; we are looking for an experienced Factory Hygienist to join the team.
At Purina PetCare, we're passionately committed to helping pets enjoy happier, healthier and longer lives because we're pet owners too.
In our Sudbury factory the 250 strong workforce produce some of the UK’s most popular brands including Go-Cat, Bakers, Purina ONE, BETA and Pro Plan providing consumers with a product to meet their every need. And this ancient, bustling market town in the heart of the Stour valley is surrounded by countryside of outstanding natural beauty making Sudbury an idea place for animal lovers. Plus, there’s the added advantage of London being a 45 minute train ride away from nearby Colchester.
A day in the life of...
Reporting into the Quality Assurance Manager you will be an integral member of the Quality team, supporting across the whole site with effective and efficient management of the site hygiene contractors, pest control activities, food safety audits & compliance with microbiological standards.
Key responsibility will include:
- Oversee management of pathogen monitoring program; take a lead role in any microbiological investigations, both environmental & finished product.
- Ensure a comprehensive cleaning plan is in place for the factory, including specific documentation as appropriate and review cleaning effectiveness / standards of cleaning by the factory teams
- Ensure adherence to good hygienic practices in the factory liaising with conformance managers. Prepare and deliver training packages as appropriate
- Lead the site on hygienic matters in preparation for either internal or external audits. Use self assessment tools and workbook to conduct gap analysis
- Deliver the required high standard of pest control using internal and external resources.
- Manage the external service provider, ensuring the service specification is clearly understood and consistently met.
- Manage Hygiene incidents and help to identify weakness to avoid incidents
- Lead and drive site hygienic improvement plans working with multi-disciplinary teams to implement best in class solutions.
What will make you successful
To be successful in this role it is key that you will be able to manage multiple stakeholders, build relationships and multi task a variety of projects at the same time. You will need a strong service orientation and be able to demonstrate a genuine passion to develop yourself further.
Other key attributes will be:
- Educated to a degree standard in a food science based course or equivalent.
- Proven experience in a food manufacturing environment is essential.
- Advanced food hygiene certificate is crucial. (Level 3 or 4)
- Knowledge of HACCP is essential.
- Good knowledge of products & processes to ensure hygiene/cleaning standards are appropriately applied.
- Experience of the application of cleaning & disinfection techniques.
- Good understanding of pathogen controls & preventative measures
- Experience managing people and contractors would be ideal but you will need to be able to communicate and flex your style across all levels in the business.
- Knowledge and experience of risk assessments and root cause analysis, making judgements on the outcomes to deliver improvements.
- Ability to plan and deliver against tight deadlines and manage multiple initiatives at the same time.
What you need to know
This opportunity will provide you with real ownership and accountability, offering you development both individually and as part of a highly skilled team.
We will be considering applicants as they apply, so please don’t delay in submitting your application.
To find out more about Nestlé please visit: www.nestle.co.uk
Nestlé UK&I is committed to equal opportunity for all. We may collect relevant data for monitoring as part of our candidate registration process.