Warehouse Shift Manager
We have an excellent opportunity for a talented Warehouse Shift Manager to join us in York.
York Warehouse is our fast moving northern distribution centre which is also home to our e-Commerce Webshop and Starbucks Foodservice Fulfilment Centre. We distribute Nestle products from a broad range of categories including Confectionery, Beverage, Food, Dairy, Waters and Cereals, to our customers in UK and Ireland as well as some export markets.
We are one of the UK and Ireland's food industry’s major exporters, exporting in excess of £260m worth of products every year to over 50 countries around the world.
Our supply chain really is at the heart of our entire business, the success of Nestlé relies on its ability to effectively manage our hugely complex operation. We possess one of the most sophisticated value chains from farm to fork, putting the consumer at the heart of everything we do.
A day in the life of...
You will be responsible for ensuring the delivery of outstanding warehousing services at a minimum cost, by managing the day-to-day warehouse operation and coaching and developing people.
You will lead, coach and motivate a multi-skilled team on a rotating shift 7 days a week, 363 days a year. Shifts will cover 6am-2pm, 2pm – 10pm, 10pm-6am and will be determined for the year ahead.
Responsibilities will include:
- Contributing towards maintaining high health & safety standards
- Ensure a high level service to the business and customers
- Maximise warehouse performance and efficiency through Continuous Improvement
- People management – absence management, appraisals etc.
- Promote continuous excellence within the warehouse to improve the quality of review meetings and shift handovers
- Facilitate the development of an open culture of pro-activity where people take pride and responsibility in what they do, and feel a sense of involvement and self-worth.
- Develop problem solving and trouble shooting skills to ensure that all team members can identify root causes and take fast and effective responses
- Work collaboratively with other Shift Managers
What will make you successful?
Ideally we’re looking for high performing Warehouse Shift Managers from within the FMCG industry. We’re keen to attract someone with a “fresh pair of eyes” and someone with the following skills and experience:-
- Warehouse Management and/or Operations Management
- People Management
- Lean Manufacturing
- A Continuous Improvement mindset
- A strong communicator who earns respect
- Ability to implement new processes and lead initiatives
What you need to know
The closing date for this role is 25th September 2019
We will be considering candidates as they apply, so please don’t delay in submitting your application.
Nestlé UK&I is committed to equal opportunity for all. We may collect relevant data for monitoring as part of our candidate registration process.