Factory Engineering Manager
We are looking for an experienced and results driven Factory Engineering Manager to lead the sites engineering function through an exciting period of our site development.
This development encompasses the following elements: acceleration of our TPM journey, optimisation of our maintenance strategy & execution effectiveness, support the roll out of investments and development of our technical capabilities of our technicians team but as well our workforce.
A day in the life of a Factory Engineering Manager
- Provide engineering leadership in the Factory for an Engineering team of 70 FTE’s (Full Time Equivalent) including 5 direct reports. The role scope covers all the production units as well as site services and utilities.
- Ensure engineering compliance is maintained providing safe equipment for people, product and the environment
- Provide maintenance management for the site, including PM pillar leadership within a TPM environment and the use of SAP PM Maintenance management system.
- Responsible for developing and managing the sites M&I budget of £8m per year
- Support Engineering Project team with the implementation and ramp-up of our technical investments.
- As a member of the site’s Management Team help develop the sites Operational Master Plan, drive the continuous improvement mind-set and align the Engineering function to support its delivery.
What will make you successful
- Engineering degree preferably in Mechanical or Electrical engineering
- Understanding of food safety and hygienic engineering standards.
- Proven relevant experience in Engineering management, preferably in food manufacturing or in the FMCG industry
- Experience in people development and management tools (including personal development plan, talent review, coaching, competencies training, career & succession planning, recruitment and compensation)
What can we offer in return?
The chance to join the world’s largest Food and Beverage Company whose purpose is enhancing quality of life and contributing to a healthier future. Along with that come the benefits you would expect from a business the size of Nestlé – in the shape of a competitive salary and benefits package, bonus scheme, flexible working scheme, 25 days holiday plus statutory holidays plus flex, pension scheme and a real focus on personal development and growth.
Nestlé UK & I is committed to equal opportunity for all. We may collect relevant data for monitoring as part of our candidate registration process.