Raw Materials Quality Technician
- Rice Intake test & Documentation
- To test all rice & materials against approved specifications.
- To carry out lab duties on a daily basis.
- To maintain concise & clear records/ reports for all results.
- Manage pre-shipment testing including analysing results from external labs.
- First point of contact for pre-shipment samples, including approval and maintenance of the raw material sampling database.
- Collect raw material samples and perform checks and analysis of all products arriving at site.
- To be able to collate all results and act on non-complying results and circulate to the relevant people.
- Maintain a non-conformity log and inform the supplier approval team.
- To be able to analyse and propose corrective actions
- Understanding customer and food specifications.
- Regular running of taste panels & cooking trials.
- To be able to work unsupervised but within an agreed work schedule.
- Collect/ arrange/ create samples for NPD, Lab, Customers & Suppliers.
- Manage equipment maintenance and calibration.
- Packaging Intake check
- Visual checks against current samples/Check artwork against intake packaging
- Scan barcode on film, bag and cartons
- Assemble boxes and check for quality
- Release packaging on Axapta
- To carry out any other task in connection with the department to support the business needs.
- Flexibility to cover different shift patterns as required to cover absence/holiday and overtime as required.
- To ensure the safety of oneself and others at all times.
Knowledge - Essential
- Degree or equivalent in food and/or agronomic science disciplines.
- Good IT skills.
- Problem solving skills
- Ability to work to a time deadline.
- Ability to work independently.
- To be able to communicate effectively with all levels of management.
Knowledge - Desirable
- Previous lab experience.
- Worked to a specific lab accreditation scheme.
- Experience with implementing lab and process control procedure.
- Experience in the food industry.
- Basic Food Safety/HACCP experience.