Regional HR Manager
Hovis is one of the UK’s leading food brands. In fact, it’s worth over £300m in retail sales. In a very competitive crowd, we’ve continued to demonstrate category leading product innovation and quality. Our brand heritage and most recent performance is testament to this. Unsurprisingly, we have bold ambitions for our business and brand. We’re now searching for 2 proactive and committed Regional HR Managers ready to play a key role in the next chapter of our journey.
These exciting role creations require HR Generalists to manage multiple sites across the UK. There will be one role in the Northern region and one role based in the South. The Regional HR Managers will play a strategic part within the HR team that nationally supports and develops c. 2800 employees. The business is truly passionate about their people and have exciting HR projects and strategies in place. Every day will be different!
Reporting into the Head of HR Supply Chain, you will be 1 of 2 Regional HR Managers managing the full HR function for the North or South. You will need to be flexible in your approach as you respond to business needs, with a significant proportion of the working week spent at our Manufacturing and Logistics sites.
The Regional HR Managers are responsible for the following;
- Drive HR excellence and process efficiency in all HR activities, identifying the key challenges that the business/sites are facing and align HR to deliver solutions
- Work with sites to build a positive Employee Relations environment establishing and maintaining productive, value-adding Employee and Trade Union relations
- Support the creation of a performance culture with respect to reward and recognition
- Work with sites to build a positive Employee Relations environment, creating a culture where employees are empowered, involved and engaged, and drive for higher performance
- Maintain nationally based HR Reporting to control HR performance and benchmark best practice
- Be a visible role model, straightforward, driven, courageous and inspiring leader
- Working in conjunction with the Learning and Development Team, coordinate the review of talent and succession planning, putting in place structured analysis and action plans in order to develop people within Hovis.
- Ensure robust Training plans are in place and delivered to maximise the potential of our people and the organisation
- Graduate / CIPD qualified
- Experience in an FMCG environment, ideally manufacturing of food
- Tested employee relations experience and strong knowledge of employment law
- Performance management techniques
- Resourcing experience at all levels
- A strong business, commercial and financial acumen
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills – ability to influence and persuade
- Results orientated, resilient and highly motivated
Training and development opportunities available.
Professional body memberships.
INTERESTED? Please click apply.