Machine/Process Operator- weekends
Machine/Process Operator - Littleborough
Shift: Weekends shifts - Permanent Day Shift (Saturday and Sunday, 12 hours shifts 6am-6pm), Permanent Night Shift (Friday, Saturday, Sunday, 12 hours shifts 6pm-6am).
- Set up, run and operate specified filling, labelling and catering lines within the packing area without supervision.
- Strip and clean specific lines and associated equipment and set up for CIP.
- Fault find and report any breakdowns on the lines
- Liaise with colleagues ensuring continuity of OEE and carry out effective handovers both verbally and in writing.
- Correctly carry out any required quality checks and constantly monitor the quality of the product being filled and packed.
- Accurately complete all necessary documentation, including OEE boards.
- Utilise the company’s manufacturing operations system, SAP,
- Assist with the training of other employees as necessary.
- Adhere to all Standard Operating Procedures, carrying out duties following Good Manufacturing Practices and 5S practices, and being responsible for hygiene and housekeeping in a specified work area.
- Adhere to health and safety regulations, working within ‘safe systems of work’.
- Ensure full compliance with Company Quality, Food Safety, Health & Safety and Environmental requirements.
- Have a flexible approach to work and carry out alternative duties, such as packing, rework as and when required.
- Good literacy and numeracy skills e.g. English & Maths O’level/GCSE equivalent
- Mechanical aptitude
- At least 1-year experience in a similar hands-on role.
- Experience of working in a manufacturing environment
- Able to work in a team
- Good communication skills
- Problem solving and fault-finding skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Flexible approach to working
- Positive and enthusiastic attitude towards work and colleagues
At McCormick, we bring our passion for flavor to work each day. We encourage growth, respect everyone's contributions and do what's right for our business, our people, our communities and our planet. Join us on our quest to make every meal and moment better.
Founded in Baltimore, MD in 1889 in a room and a cellar by 25-year-old Willoughby McCormick with three employees, McCormick is a global leader in flavour. With 11,000 employees around the world and more than $5 Billion in annual sales., the Company manufactures, markets and distributes spices, seasoning mixes, condiments and other flavourful products to the entire food industry, retail outlets, food manufactures, food service businesses and consumers
While our global headquarters are in the Baltimore, Maryland, USA area, McCormick operates and serves customers from nearly 50 locations in 27 countries and 135 markets in Asia-Pacific, China, Europe, Middle East and Africa, and the Americas, including North, South and Central America with recognized brands including Schwartz in the UK. McCormick EMEA Headquarters are in Haddenham (UK).
At McCormick, we have over a 100-year legacy based on our “Power of People” principle. This principle fosters an unusually dedicated workforce requiring a culture of respect, recognition, inclusion and collaboration based on the highest ethical values.
If you are looking for a new challenge and want to join a highly motivated team in a rewarding environment, seeking a competitive salary and benefits package and opportunity to work with a global flavour leader. Then please apply via our careers centre at http://www.mccormickcorporation.com/Career-Center (job req.n° 71494).
Agencies: McCormick as needed will work with external recruitment vendors through our Agency Portal. Unless previously contacted, McCormick does not accept unsolicited resumes from external recruiting agencies.
McCormick is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LBGT employer.