Job Title: Abattoir Operative
Reporting to: Abattoir Manager
About Pickford Telford...
Pickstock is a quality supplier of assured British beef products to retailers, butchers and food service professionals across Europe. We’re a family run business with a reputation that’s built on quality, consistency and efficiency, all backed up with over 40 years of farming heritage and experience in the beef industry.
You will be responsible for the processing of cattle in accordance with individual training and licensing as applicable.
Duties may include:
- stunning; flanking, legging, trimming, back saw, hide removal, preparatory trimming.
- You will contribute as part of one team to ensure that cattle are processed in adherence with Animal Welfare Requirements, Food Safety legislation, and customer specification
- You will be dressing the carcass
- To ensure that production deadlines are met and yields maximised with minimal contamination and wastage
- To embrace training opportunities and take ownership of your own personal development
Key Attributes, Knowledge & Skills
Food Safety Level 2 (as minimum)
Excellent communication skills
Excellent attention to detail
Willing to undertake further training
H&S & Environmental Responsibilities
To take reasonable care or yourself and others who may be affected by your acts or omissions whilst at work.
Adhere to the Company’s H&S Policy.
Do not to interfere with or misuse anything that has been provided for your health, safety or welfare.
Promote a safe working culture throughout your department and site.
Understand and comply with the Company’s Environmental Policy.
Adhere to all safe working procedures and /or training.
Apply for Abattoir Operative
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly