Warehouse & Despatch Manager
Warehouse & Despatch Manager – Shropshire
Located in Shropshire, we are a privately owned food manufacturing business supplying savoury baked goods to some of the UK’s leading retailers.
With 150+ staff and a sales line in excess of £20m, we have enjoyed profitable growth that has seen turnover double since 2012.
Having invested several million pounds in our facility and capabilities in recent years, we are now looking to recruit dynamic food manufacturing professionals to join the team in delivering the next stages of our projected growth.
If you are looking for a fresh challenge in a business offering real opportunity for career development, please read on.
About the role
As the Warehouse & Despatch Manager you will ensure the smooth, efficient and controlled transition of all materials from intake, through storage and provision for production.
You will control and take ownership of all raw material, packaging and finished goods stock and manage the finished product despatch process in timely and efficient manner.
Responsible for the line management and leadership of the goods in, warehouse and despatch teams.
- Ensure all materials handling activities are compliant with H&S legislation.
- Maintain a live, accurate stock control system.
- Ensure that regular and fully accurate stock counts are undertaken in line with company policy.
- Regular and close communication with other departments-
- Prepare staffing patterns and rotas to ensure that all workload is covered efficiently within business requirements.
- Monitor temperature and storage regimes- ensure correct stock rotation.
- Ensure that housekeeping and hygiene standards are maintained across all warehouse and despatch areas.
About You …
The ideal candidate must be able to act on their own initiative, have attention to detail and a demonstrable track record of stock maintenance and management- ideally in a chilled food environment.
Occasional weekend work may be required.
For additional information on this role please contact Michelle at yourfoodjob.com - firstname.lastname@example.org / 077871 83911