Quality Assurance Technician, weekend role Sat-Sun 6AM-6PM
Position: Quality Assurance Technician, weekend role Sat-Sun 6AM-6PM
Based: Littleborough, United Kingdom
Would you like to become a part of a leading organisation that brings the Joy of Flavour to Life and makes Every Meal and Moment Better?
We are currently looking for a Quality Assurance Technician to join our team. Do you find yourself well in a fast-paced, international work environment?
If so, you might be the person we are looking for! Our growth starts with yours.
- Manage non-conforming materials effectively and in a timely manner
- Carry out glass audits and GMP audits as required
- Complete CCP and quality checks throughout each shift to ensure that finished products meet all specified
- Adhere to agreed schedules and procedures for calibration and other specific QA tasks
- Provide support and technical data to the Operational Teams as required
- Test WIP and finished products to verify and ensure compliance with specified specifications
- Assist QA Management Team with customer visits/ third party audits as required
- Assist with investigations relating to customer complaints and food safety/quality incidents
- Monitor and audit the completion of records related to safety, quality and legality, reporting discrepancies where
- Understand relevant food safety legislation, including HACCP
- Ensure full compliance with Company Quality, Food Safety, Health & Safety and Environmental requirements
- Carry out taste panels as required
- Challenge factory standards (including hygiene & GMP), operational and QA procedures, driving a culture of
- continuous improvement
- Assist QA Team Leader / QA Lead as required
- Actively involved in functional/ cross functional project work as required
- Maintain a dynamic and committed team environment through being an effective team player
- Flexible and adaptable in line with the changing needs of production
- Customer focused and eye for detail
- “Hands on” approach with a “can do” attitude
- Good written and verbal communication skills. Ability to communicate well at all levels
- Good numerical and organizational skills
- PC literate
- Good interpersonal skills
- Ability to work well unsupervised and as part of a team
- Enthusiasm and dedication
- Conscientious and reliable
- Self-starter and eager to learn
- Ability to work well under pressure
At McCormick, we bring our passion for flavor to work each day. We encourage growth, respect everyone's contributions and do what's right for our business, our people, our communities and our planet. Join us on our quest to make every meal and moment better.
Founded in Baltimore, MD in 1889 in a room and a cellar by 25-year-old Willoughby McCormick with three employees, McCormick is a global leader in flavour. With 11,000 employees around the world and more than $5 Billion in annual sales., the Company manufactures, markets and distributes spices, seasoning mixes, condiments and other flavourful products to the entire food industry, retail outlets, food manufactures, food service businesses and consumers
While our global headquarters are in the Baltimore, Maryland, USA area, McCormick operates and serves customers from nearly 50 locations in 27 countries and 135 markets in Asia-Pacific, China, Europe, Middle East and Africa, and the Americas, including North, South and Central America with recognized brands including Kamis and Galeo.
At McCormick, we have over a 100-year legacy based on our “Power of People” principle. This principle fosters an unusually dedicated workforce requiring a culture of respect, recognition, inclusion and collaboration based on the highest ethical values.
If you are looking for a new challenge and want to join a highly motivated team in a rewarding environment, seeking a competitive salary and benefits package and opportunity to work with a global flavour leader. Then please apply via our careers centre at http://www.mccormickcorporation.com/Career-Center.
McCormick is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LBGT employer.