Section Lead / Front Line Manager Dayshift
Work Days: 4 on 4 off shift pattern Day shift regular 6am-6pm
Salary Range: £27,500 – £31,000 per annum dependant on experience
We are excited to be offering an opportunity to become a Section Lead. The successful candidate will be part of the operational leadership teams at Memory Lane Cakes, undertaking an important role within the business. We are looking for people that have a passion for managing teams, developing people and ensuring Memory Lane Cakes can achieve their performance goals on site.
Purpose of the Role
Responsible for the effective control of materials and labour within the business area in order to deliver set KPI’s.
Some of the Role Key Accountabilities (including but not limited to) are:
- Leadership - to lead and motivate the team to deliver quality product safely.
- Results Focussed – deliver against team KPIs and performance targets on a daily, weekly and monthly basis.
- Communicate well at all levels and understand the intricacies of their area, taking ownership for hitting efficiency, labour, waste and downtime targets.
- People Management - responsible for all people management processes including employee relations, resourcing, attendance management and performance management (including identifying high performers, putting learning and development plans in place via PDR’s, probation reviews etc.
- Support continuous Improvement initiatives and help implement, drive and embed the changes into the team members / department.
- Good working knowledge of a food manufacturing environment, including all process steps within the factory
- Ability to complete standard work and support the implementation of multiple improvement projects within a team-based, fast-paced environment
- Strong organisational and analytical skills, able to manage priorities and workflow
- Leadership – Setting directions and standards, delegating, motivating, empowering and developing others
- Be an effective communicator with team members and management levels, that engages teams to be high performing
- People Management - Ability to coach mentor and develop team members to deliver against performance standards
- Attention to detail, commitment to high standards, Strong interpersonal skills; excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Planning and organising – able to forward plan, establishes contingency, manages time, resources and people appropriately, monitors progress against milestones
- Adapting and responding to change – able to adapt to change, accepts new ideas and shows sensitivity to different cultures and backgrounds, deals with ambiguity in the workplace