Continuous Improvement Lead
2 days left
- Contract Type
- Full Time
Continuous Improvement Lead
Carlisle, CA1 3NQ
Competitive salary + benefits
When you join 2 Sisters, you will become part of the UK’s largest food manufacturer, with an annual turnover of £3billion+, over 17,000 people and covering more than 20 sites.
This role sits within our Meals division, where we live by our mantra of ‘Making Every Meal Moment Special’. We have 5 sites creating over 500 different ready meal products to feed our nation…we love our food and we love our people.
Our customers are at the heart of everything we do and we couldn’t do it without our team. It is a team where everyone counts…we empower you with trust and give you the freedom to deliver. We ‘do what we say’ and accept accountability which allows our customers to trust us to create great tasting, innovative and quality meal solutions.
This is an exciting opportunity for a Continuous Improvement Manager to join our established Carlisle site which has up to 1400 employees, spanning over 3 Factories across 2 sites. The sites produce around 90 million meals annually with 150 products made daily over a 7 day operation and an annual turnover in excess of £160 million.
The Continuous Improvement Manager will be responsible for driving the CI agenda across the site by leading, coaching and facilitation using a wide range of CI tools alongside the site strategy and objectives. Their purpose will be to establish a CI philosophy, drive training and provide tools to deliver exceptional improvements in Safety, Quality, Delivery, Cost and Growth.
More about the role:
- Working with the leadership team to facilitate the development of future state value stream maps that support the strategic priorities of the business.
- Promoting continuous improvement and assist in developing and improving continuous improvement across site.
- Consolidate Kaizen Roadmap and Tool Champion tracking information and provide overview to senior leaders at monthly leadership meetings.
- Maintaining the M&S Plan A database and lead the Plan A Lean roadmap reviews.
- Ensure that proper CI training and on boarding is given to new recruits.
- Conduct audits on completed Kaizen events and projects to assure implementation and sustainability of the stated objectives.
- Become a certified champion for the key tools in CI e.g. Problem Solving, Value Stream Mapping, Setup time reduction, 5S, etc
- Provide training and manage the certification process to assure self-sufficiency and sustainability of the CI tools.
- Working directly with managers to improve office processes using Value Stream Mapping techniques
- Qualified as a Black Belt / Green Belt in Lean Six Sigma
- Experience in Lean / Kaizen / Continuous improvement both as a team member and team leader preferred
- Demonstrated ability to motivate at all levels of the organization
- Strong project planning and organisational skills
- Results and people oriented with sound judgement — ability to balance other business considerations
- Team player – able to work in a matrix organisation
Apply for Continuous Improvement Lead
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly