Hovis is one the UK’s leading food brands. In fact, it’s worth over £400m in retail sales. In a very competitive crowd, we’ve continued to demonstrate category leading product innovation & quality. Our brand heritage and most recent performance is testament to this. Unsurprisingly, we have bold ambitions for our business & brand.
Hovis is looking for an energetic Marketing leader to play a key role in driving growth on a big brand that is at the forefront of category growth. Hovis is one of the UK’s leading food brands and our ambition is to accelerate our growth. We are looking for a bright, results driven, entrepreneurial marketer with a passion for food to join our team and take the lead on a portfolio of sub brands.
The Marketing Manager will have the full remit of responsibility – from brand positioning and planning, creative and media planning, idea generation, campaign development and execution, management of key projects, research briefing, and design, to product quality and commercial P&L management.
- Responsible for building the long term brand vision and strategic plans & short to medium term brand plans.
- Understanding needs of the business (e.g. short term profit and or value/strength of brand) and using this as well as competitor landscape, category landscape and consumer landscape to inform the strategy.
- Understanding role of each element of the portfolio and managing the portfolio to deliver the Marketing strategy
- Responsible for developing Marketing communications model
- Understands Retailer specific strategies, is able to support from a marketing perspective.
- Understanding of Consumer Insights and when need to test or research, products, communications, claims, and process by which you would test these areas
- Experienced in translating understanding of brands and consumers into different media channels that are available & the value they have.
- Knows how to work with different levels of budget and how to execute comms through various channels including ATL and BTL media, PR and experiential, has the marketing skills to execute through the channels.
- Has expertise in managing a budget, is able to forecast and manage day to day financial activity.
- Understanding of P&L and how can affect different elements of this.
- Curious with new idea and inspiration to bring into the business
- Supports sales team on developing brands - works on customer specific strategies, able to support on impact of brand plans on the customers
Location: Based in High Wycombe
Type of role: Full Time, Permanent
Reporting to: Marketing Director
Applicants must have the right to work in the UK