Supply Chain Planner
Working at Cargill is an opportunity to thrive—a place to develop your career to the fullest while engaging in meaningful work that makes a positive impact around the globe. You will be proud to work for a company with a strong history of ethics and a purpose of nourishing people. We offer a diverse, supportive environment where you will grow personally and professionally as you learn from some of the most talented people in your field. With over 150 years of experience, Cargill provides food, agriculture, financial and industrial products and services to the world. We have 160,000 employees in 70 countries who are committed to feeding the world in a responsible way, reducing environmental impact and improving the communities where we live and work. Learn more at www.cargill.com.
Job location: Worcester, UK (WR5 3HR) or Schiphol, Netherlands
This is a challenging and exciting opportunity to for an individual to participate in many activities across a global supply chain. The main focus will be the management of the end to end demand and supply of products in a 1 to 24 month period, supporting inventory management, daily planning, ordering and managing a complex supply chain. The role will support the inbound logistics and outbound customer services team.
- Responsible for the end to end supply planning and sourcing of Cargill’s poultry and further processed products for import into the UK, Ireland and Netherlands
- Coordinating with Cargill facilities overseas and global 3rd party suppliers
- Responsible for ensuring the timely and correct short-term supply is maintained as well as looking as far out as 24 months
- Effective use of SAP and MRP including but not limited to; effective demand capture, supply planning master data, review of purchase invoice requisitions with the procurement and finance teams
- Create and raise purchase orders to procure finished product in line with MRP calculations, inventory policy & pricing/ contract arrangement
- Tracking of orders, coordinating inbound logistics deliveries from source to warehouse
- Ensure the sales team is aware of the agreed forecast and that it is captured correctly
- In the event that demand changes, ensure this is captured, in order to project accurate purchasing
- Prepare and distribute Key Performance Indicators in line with the integrated business planning with a focus on demand, review and supply review
- Working with the New Product Development team in regards to the management and supply of new products from overseas suppliers
- Review inventory policies and customer service levels
- Identify process improvement opportunities
- Education to Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- Experience working in a supply chain planning environment or material requirements planning role is essential
- Understanding / prior experience of SAP (ECC/R3 or S4HANA)
- Advanced proficiency with full proficiency with Microsoft Office packages, especially Excel at an intermediate or above level – ideally advanced Excel functionality
- Numerate, highly motivated and able to work under pressures and to tight deadlines, whilst ensuring daily tasks are accurately completed on time
- Analytical ability to problem solve, identify root cause of problems and provide solutions to improve business processes
- Experience with data visualization and reporting tools applied to supply chain processes (Business Intelligence, Tableau, Power BI or similar) would be advantageous but not required
- Understanding of Lean / continuous improvement processes and methodology
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal in fluent English
In return for your expertise and commitment, we will provide a fast paced stimulating environment, which will stretch your abilities and channel your talents. We also offer competitive salary and benefits combined with outstanding career development opportunities in one of the largest private companies in the world.
Cargill is committed to being an inclusive employer. Click here to find out more https://www.cargill.com/careers/global-inclusion-and-diversity
Our usual recruitment process is as follows; candidates meeting the criteria will be invited to a telephone interview with a member of the Talent Acquisition team. If this is successful you will be invited to a further interview with the Hiring Manager and members of the hiring team. For some of our positions a final interview will also be needed.