Digital Content Acceleration Marketing Manager
As a digital commerce team in Europe we are responsible for driving and influencing every online sale of our brands either directly through accounts such as Amazon, or indirectly with our account teams in Grocery, RTM and Ontrade. Our purpose as a team is to embed digital commerce into the DNA of the business, delivering accelerated growth by being relevant to today’s digital shoppers in key moments. In order to achieve this, we must be the BEST at catering to the needs of consumers and shoppers that live online.
Digital commerce is both the hottest growth area in the market and for our business. New channels and new partners allow us to explode our access new occasions and consumers. The “always on” nature of the Digital world also means we can inspire millions of consumers and shoppers wherever and whenever they are online and then use an abundance of rich data to build ever deeper and longer lasting relationships that drive boundless value. This world is already here but we will accelerate it in ways we are only just starting to imagine, come join us!
Alcohol online continues to accelerate, growing ten times faster than traditional channels. Over 80% of all purchasing decisions are currently influenced by digital today and by 2020, 10% of Spirits and Beer sales will be online in the European market.
• As a result the Europe Digital Commerce team is seeking a bright, energetic and cutting edge digital specialist, with a passion for ecommerce, content and digital transformation. A creative and commercial individual with a profound understanding of the digital landscape, putting the digital shopper at the heart of business decision making.
• A digital blackbelt with an eye for detail in design, copy, concept development and making things happen. Managing a busy in house creative studio to deliver quality design for digital commerce channels. A fast moving and challenging role that requires a creative thinker who can deliver to deadline - with strong experience in digital design and ecommerce. You will be required to develop design strategies, manage the design team, present design ideas and evaluate design performance
• A critical senior member of the Digital Marketing team responsible for developing best-in-class digital and eCommerce content and roadmap to be scaled across our multifunction teams in Europe. Will suit an ambitious senior professional, who enjoys a full stack design role with variety to make stuff happen
• Not for the faint hearted, this person will thrive on making the complex simple, a strong communicator, influencing senior stakeholders and hold enough gravitas to take people on the digital transformation journey with them.
• Reporting directly into the European Head of Customer Marketing, you will lead from the front, your natural passion will need to be infectious to drive the Digital Commerce acceleration to raise the bar of our business understanding and capability in this exciting and evolving space.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE ROLE
You’re passionate about making consumer and customer connections and can galvanise a business behind them. A unique ability to think differently, pooling the big picture and small details all together clearly to build lasting change.
You’re a Story Teller: An insatiable curiosity and you’ll love to learn and importantly share knowledge. Podcasts, vlogs and white papers are your daily routine, from tech, new Biz, data science, and content to commerce etc, and you believe in imparting this knowledge on others to deliver breakthrough
You make Change Happen: As a marketing & commercial lead you’ll serve as an infectious digital ambassador and custodian throughout Diageo to enable our success. Having fire in the belly to make a material difference, leaving a long lasting legacy in the future of our ‘digitized’ business.
You’re an agitator & a visionary; you challenge the status quo, both internally and externally to drive cultural, capability and performance breakthroughs
You’re a black belt in digital design; Test and learn is what you do, solving challenges, using your instinct and creating compelling customer propositions through understanding what people need, when they need it and where they are.
You’ll Love to win and enable, and have fun doing it: Your eye is always on the commercial prize and you have a history of making things happen. As with all pioneers you’ll enjoy the adventure and celebrating along the way.
You’ll do whatever it takes; delivering the right outcome for the team, our customers and the business. You are able to be in the trenches, as well as lead top line strategy from the front.
• Demanstrable high performer and breadth of experience across ecommerce and digital roles – familiar with ecommerce content best practice
• Project managing a busy in-house studio of digital artworks – internal briefs, consolidate clients needs, assigning designers to projects, & managing output
• Providing Creative Direction to design team to ensure best in class output of brand collateral. Specifically across digital channels - ecommence websites, eCRM, social & shoppable media
• Ensuring cross country and channel consistency by adhering to high brand standards, guidelines and campaign toolkits
• Stakeholder management, communication skills and collaboration with key marketing and commercial teams to support digital activation
•Liaison with external customers within grocery ecommerce, B2B and pureplay to collaboratively develop great user experience solutions on their platforms
• A Bias for action, demonstrable experience making big strategic decisions and making them happen
• A brilliant influencer & coach, enable and deliver through others, with extraordinary results driving a culture of change
• Curate and communicate insights, best practices and case studies to build capabilities of a wide internal and external audience
KEY SOFTWARE AND DESIGN SKILLS
• Highly experienced in the Adobe Creative Suite - primarily Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign. Also video editing software such as Premiere Pro and After Effects.
• Prototyping and wire framing software such as Adobe XD, Sketch and InVision
• Understanding of digital user experience and designing for the web
• Creative concepting of ideas to enhance customer experience with Diageo products throughout these digital touchpoints
It won’t be easy; you will be challenged, tested and stretched but in a truly fulfilling entrepreneurial and fast paced part of the European Diageo business. Those that do not want to get their hands dirty or build out their remit against a blank slate need not apply!