Talent Engagement Manager
Who are we..?
Diageo’s Performance Ambition calls for us to create the best performing most trusted and respected consumer products company in the world; this requires us to guarantee our plans with the right people and capabilities. Our Talent Engagement team is the global function that attracts, assesses and selects external and internal talent that is the best for Diageo to help deliver our performance ambition.
Talent Engagement’s ambition is to be world class recruiting function focused on engaging, attracting and hiring the very best and most diverse talent for Diageo.
Talent Engagement bring our employer brand and employee value proposition to life by expressing our purpose, values and ambitions by connecting talent with what makes our culture special. We’re growing our Talent Engagement team and have opportunities for Talent Engagement Managers.
The Talent Engagement Manager is a critical stakeholder relationship role that is focused on ensuring the consistent delivery and an excellent candidate experience, whether through an internal move or an external mid-career hire. It’s a role that’s deeply connected to the business and enables business performance delivery through the execution of the talent component of the resourcing planning process.
Our Talent Engagement Managers operate as a strategic partner to ensure all internal moves and external hires strengthen our succession pools and pipelines. They orchestrate talent movement and acquisition. They work in close partnership with all the rest of the Talent Engagement team regionally and globally; the Candidate Pipeline Team; the Head of Talent Engagement; business stakeholders; and the broader HR community to ensure the talent agenda is strengthened and supports delivery of the business performance through a deep appreciation understanding of the commercial ambitions of the business.
- You’ll hold a deep commercial understanding of our business plans and priorities to ensure the execution of our talent agenda; accountable for strengthening succession pools through brilliant talent moves and acquisition; owns the talent agenda and develops strategy, plans and interventions to ensure a high quality of delivery; ensures compliance with global policies; utilises tools that enable the resourcing process and search for ways to innovate and drive improvements.
- At Diageo, ‘Character is everything’ – you’ll love to leverage and optimise our global Employer Brand and deploy creative sourcing strategies to hunt for the best talent for Diageo and develop strong pipelines. It’s about being a true business partner with hiring managers and HR colleagues in all talent discussions.
- You’ll naturally have a strong radar for talent and process; bringing external thinking into internal talent conversations; bringing external thinking and best practice into work methodology by experimenting with non-traditional talent pools and non-traditional talent profiles.
Who are you?
- A resourcing expert demonstrated through an appropriate professional qualification – LinkedIn Certified Professional Recruiter, Institute of Recruiters etc.
- Experience of managing multiple senior stakeholders and candidates in a fast paced environment.
- Experience of managing senior mid-career hiring.
- Strong external radar and awareness of external best practice.
- Ability to generate insight from data and generate action plans from data insights.
- Have exceptional consultative skills and be able to influence action and change with stakeholders.
- An ability to listen but also persuasively convey opinions and recommendations.
- Have an understanding of the component parts of HR to understand how it is possible to deliver a high quality service to a client group.
- An ability to work in the most confidential situations gaining trust and respect from candidates and hiring stakeholders.