Global Head of Talent Acquisition Operations
Our performance ambition calls for us to create the best performing most trusted and respected consumer products company in the world; this requires us to guarantee our plans with the right people and capabilities. In order for us to organizationally achieve this we have created the talent engagement function, a global team established to attract, assess and select the best talent for Diageo.
The talent engagement function’s role is to strengthen succession pools and to enhance organizational performance though the hiring decisions that are made: brilliant talent moves and acquisition.
From the candidate, internal and external, perspective the role of the talent engagement function is to bring to life the employer brand and the fabric of the organization through connecting talent with what makes our culture special. The talent engagement function will engage with external talent in such a way that they develop a ‘job crush’ on Diageo Internally our talent feel engaged with the process and the experience is valued as it links to their growth and development.
We see every external hire as an opportunity to engage candidates with the Diageo brand and to transform them into brand ambassadors – regardless of the hiring decision.
The Talent Engagement Operations Manager drives consistency, efficiency and best practice across the global Talent Engagement team to generate the best candidate experience matched with the best quality of hire.
This role is accountable to the Global Director of Talent Engagement for ensuring we are constantly and consistently adopting a global best in class approach to our talent engagement activities. Working closely with the Global Director of TE and the HR Transformation Director, the Talent Engagement Operations Manager ensure the correct level of tension is brought to the TE leadership team conversations to share and implement best practice in a joined up way.
This individual will have a global remit and will need to implement changes at a local level whilst maintain the global framework. They will be a key partner to the Global Talent Engagement Director and the HR Transformation Director to drive change and improvement to the global operating standard.
This role will be responsible for shaping the global operational standard and embedding best practices in the global hiring processes to ensure consistency and efficiency. They will provide direction, guidance and advice, challenge poor practice. They will be accountable for the establishing and maintaining the required level of competency across the global TE teams.
- Build and introduce sourcing and hiring analytics that track and report on recruitment effectiveness and quality of hire. Deliver actionable insights & set standard that shape Diageo’s global sourcing and recruitment practices.
- Anticipate changes in the external market i.e. Gen Z, diversity, new technology opportunities etc to drive innovative, best practice and leading edge solutions. Including developing and implementing optimum talent sourcing channels for all hiring, including digital channels, employee referral program, preferred agency partners and outsourced processes.
- Acts as a Centre of Excellence for the TE function. Providing consultative support on all matters related to TE methodology, policies, toolkits etc
- Lead TE Capability efforts (including standardized competency framework/mentor program/TE Training Module) – ensuring we continue to build world-class TE capability in service of our business and HR partners Implement improvements in technology and process that optimize the candidate experience and minimize administrative burden. I
- Fully integrate TE systems and processes.
- Ideally, a bachelor’s degree in HR, data analytics, or a related field
- In depth experience of Talent Acquisition, talent processes and WorkDay/Beamery and other recruiting systems
- Experience of implementing operational excellence across global TE teams in a consumer goods organisation.
- Highly externally networked with access to market trends and innovations
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and operational execution skills with a high degree of attention to detail and process (Project Management)
- Strong cross-functional partnership skills, working with multiple stakeholders to achieve company objectives
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to communicate complex issues to a range of audiences
- The ability to challenge effectively and hold others to account whilst maintaining relationships.
- High professional standards for customer service, confidentiality, and quality of work
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment and think creatively
- Ability to deploy programmes and processes remotely and through others.
- A continuous improvement mindset, always evaluating programmes and tools and identifying areas for improvement.