Mechanical Production Engineer
Diageo is the world’s leading premium drinks company, a business built on the principles and foundations laid by the giants of our industry.
Arthur Guinness, Alexander Walker and all those many talented people that followed in their footsteps, cared deeply about the people and businesses they fostered, and the communities in which they operated. Today we stand on the shoulders of these giants and act with the same entrepreneurial spirit.
We are a young company born of an incredible entrepreneurial legacy. The success of Guinness®, Smirnoff®, Johnnie Walker®, Tanqueray® and many more brands led to the formation of our company in 1997. And we only thrive today because of the talent of our people to grow our brands, old and new, and keep them strong.
Our purpose, celebrating life, every day, everywhere means that our brands are part of celebrations big and small. We believe that living our purpose in full is to make the most of life - to be the best you can be at work, at home, with friends, in the community, and for the community.
The International Supply Centre
Diageo’s International Supply Centre (ISC) brings together three business areas, 60 sites and 5000 people across four countries. We are the proud to fill 765m litres of beer, spirit and wine across 53 production lines every year and contributing 55% or £4.5bn to Diageo’s NSV.
Leven Packaging is one of the three Spirit Packaging sites within the International Supply Centre (ISC), serving approximately 130 markets worldwide. The site is responsible for the production of Diageo packaged spirits products, our brands bottled at Leven include Smirnoff, Johnnie Walker, Gordons, and Tanqueray Gin.
Role Purpose and responsibilities
In a team-based role working weekend shift (Friday Saturday and Sunday – 34.5 Hour contract), engineers will play a pivotal role in the Packaging team by maintaining the line and finding improvements wherever possible. They will be determined and focused in meeting performance targets in relation to safety, quality, service, cost and asset care while consistently remaining 100% compliant.
Your duties and responsibilities will also include (but are not limited to):
- Responding promptly and appropriately to plant emergency and breakdown situations. Applying well practiced fault-finding skills to effectively resolve breakdowns.
- Maintaining and repairing plant to minimise downtime and maximise operational efficiencies to ensure compliance with all H&S legislation, including risk-assessing changes to the plant and process.
- Identify and implement process improvement initiatives.
- Support and actively contribute to line improvement plans.
- Actively support and develop other team members.
- Fully comply with all legal and statutory Diageo requirements and risk management standards.
To be considered for this role, you will be/have;
- Must be time served electrical or mechanical engineer preferably with HNC qualifications.
- Ideally, the job holder will have a minimum of five years’ experience in a bottling or high-speed manufacturing environment, including automated packaging environments.
- IT literacy and quick to learn
- Experience with risk standards (Quality H&S Environment) Safety and hygiene compliance procedures
- Experience with SAP would be useful
A diverse workforce is essential to our success as a multi-national, multi-cultural business. Our aim is to foster a culture that provides opportunities for all, through the variety of different personalities, experiences and perspectives, creating a stimulating and rewarding working environment.