Senior HR Business Partner - European Functions
Who are we..?
At Diageo, there are two core assets that drive growth across our business: our brands and our people. They drive one another. Our Europe HR Team sit at the heart of this with a focus on Organisation Effectiveness, Talent Assurance and Performance Enablement.
We have an opportunity for a Senior Business Partner to join our Europe HR team. Europe is 2000 person market, with talent spread across over 20 countries. It is a complex, behemoth part of our organisation and is full of opportunity to get involved and make an impact.
As Business Partners, our role is to ensure we have the right conditions in place to develop and release the potential of our talent; our leaders and their teams. We are there to challenge and support in equal measure; to help strategically shape the future organisation to deliver the biggest possible performance outcomes.
The purpose of the role is to lead a team that is agile, connected and accountable partner to the Finance, Marketing, Legal, HR and CR Leadership teams enabling growth and performance through focusing on three distinctive areas to add real value to the business…Organisation Effectiveness, Talent and Performance Enablement.
- Partner with the functional leadership teams to build robust multi-year talent plans to drive engagement and performance, including action orientated talent assessments, succession planning to future proof the business, rapid hiring of talent and the development of a strong pipeline of talent.
- Lead the Organisation Effectiveness agenda across all European functions - translating the business strategy and through creating possibilities that results in high performing structures, game changing organisational effectiveness, cost efficiencies and through determining and activating the right reinvestments. In doing so, drive the end to end change, pulling the levers of capability, process, structure, culture, behaviours, leadership and talent to deliver the outcomes for the business and awesome career moves for our critical talent.
- Drive a diversity agenda bespoke to each function, including gender hiring slates, agile working practices and through creating environments that are genuinely inclusive for all.
- Partner with business stakeholders to build high performing teams, coaching line managers to create an environment which is clear on performance management putting in rigour, consistency and discipline.
- Lead transformational initiatives to drive cultural change and greater engagement across functions and geographies. This includes continuously looking for simplification and standardisation opportunities in order to deliver the agility required for future business performance.
Who are you..?
You will have a solid background in at least one HR discipline where you will have already proven your ability to shape and deliver organisational effectiveness and change with confidence. You will bring the following:
- Experienced in a broad range of HR roles including operational roles which require technical/functional expertise and HR roles which have had a strategic role in the business.
- We want someone who always looks for a better way of doing something – this might be from an external source or just a great idea.
- Deep commercial understanding a strong internal and external radar to understand what will impact the business now and in the future.
- An innate curiosity to understand what drives the business and how the varying agendas across each function.
- Highly conceptual – is able to join the dots and paint a picture that makes sense and influences the business.
- Ability to understand and drive insights from “HR data”, analysing to measure impacts, assess OE plans, diagnose trends and link to business performance outcomes.
- Deep understanding of organisational design principles and how to create principles for each function to drive growth/ functional progression.
- Change and project management skills (including influencing change).
- Experience in working successfully with stakeholders at the most senior level – black-belt coach– influencing, supporting and challenging.
- Excellent talent judgement – ability to assess talent gaps, and suggest actions needed to strengthen the talent bench.
Our Business Partnering roles are an amazing opportunity to grow your experience on a global scale within a highly respected and groundbreaking organisation who produce some of the world’s best loved brands.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.