Global Category Manager - Experiential
The strategic vision of Global Marketing Procurement is to strategically collaborate with marketing stakeholders and agency partners to unlock maximum value from A&P investment to drive business performance.
The value is realised through driving overall efficiency and effectiveness, as well as through driving an increased contribution to Diageo’s business growth and innovation goals. To achieve these goals, Procurement utilises Category Management to deliver value to the business.
Supporting the Global Customer Marketing Category Manager and aligned to global marketing strategy, the GCM Experiential is responsible for developing and implementing category strategy with Market Category teams and business partners.
The role is to build on current knowledge and to build a centre of excellence for Experiential.
The role leads the development of appropriate relationships with key agencies and engages and gains buy in from key stakeholders in developing and then implementing the category strategies.
The role is aimed at driving best practice models/contracts/processes within the category driving strategic sourcing, effectiveness measurement and great relationships.
About the Role
- Create best practice category strategies that are executable in markets, working in partnership with the business partners and market Procurement teams
- Drive management and delivery of key strategic sourcing projects that meet or exceed AOP targets and delivery business value.
- Drive best practice models for sourcing, cost models and managing agencies and partners.
- Provide global, input, data, insight, trends, benchmarking information input into and participate in the Global Category Reviews.
- Establish relationships and effectively engage with key stakeholders to deliver the Procurement AOP and establish a pipeline of savings for future years
- Continuously improve ways of working, tools, data and insight across categories to embed a cost consciousness culture that support the cost out / productivity ambitions.
- University Degree in Business, Supply Chain, Finance or equivalent
- Strong commercial acumen, understanding of the business and judgment.
- Ability to work in an agile, fast moving environment and ability to keep up with pace of change and prioritize according to business needs.
- Proven experience in key procurement skills including, strategy development, negotiations (Complex / multi-regional negotiations), analysis (cost/value chain), forecasting and benchmarking etc.
- Proven strategic capability and ability to drive the strategy in a pragmatic way
- Experience of making tough decisions and prioritizing delivery in a complex environment
- Objectively challenges established practice to stimulate alternative thinking.
- Strong track record of operating effectively across complex markets and matrix organisation environments, including with Global & Market teams
- Proven track record of consistent performance planning and execution.
- Strong Analytical and Financial awareness including a comprehensive understanding of the AOP requirements and financial goals & value drivers aligned to the category strategy
- Confidence and experience in communicating and influencing senior stakeholders
We have a saying here – that character is everything. We’re looking for enthusiastic, curious, endlessly energetic people. Self-motivated, tenacious team-players who want to learn and grow – and fast. If this sounds like you, you’ll thrive at Diageo.