12 month fixed term contract
Could you use your supply chain experience and excellent communication skills to own materials management for innovation and brand change projects across Diageo’s packaging sites? This is a unique opportunity to get involved in the launch of all new brands in a role where every day is different.
We are building a world class planning organisation, based on standardised processes and ways of working, which will enable Diageo's ambition to become the most trusted and respected consumer packaged goods organisation. Within Supply Chain this translates into goals that aim to deliver world class performance at best cost, drive value through exceptional service and enable new growth opportunities.
“A diverse workforce is essential to our success as a multi-national, multi-cultural business. Our aim is to foster a culture that provides opportunities for all, through the variety of different personalities, experiences and perspectives, creating a stimulating and rewarding working environment. By creating a truly inclusive workplace that recognises difference and diversity of thought, feelings and actions, we can allow our people to unleash the power of being themselves, always, to enable them to Celebrate Life, Every Day, Everywhere.
About the role
The Brand Change Materials Analyst will own material management of innovation and brand change projects to support the demanding brand change agenda so other planning functions can focus on business as usual delivery.
You will attend project meetings, support the project team and feedback relevant information as well as understand project scope, timelines and budget. This role will have responsibility for reporting and proactively managing phasing out / in of new materials. You will also take responsibility for supplier and material management, ordering of new components and working with suppliers to ensure materials are available on agreed time before production. At project closedown, you will report on residual stock values and push for material destructions and write off.
This specific role of the Materials Analyst:
- Support the Brand Change agenda and project delivery.
- Lead materials management for over 200 innovation and brand change projects across the ISC Packaging Sites.
- Support project team on material and supplier activity.
- Establish and maintain effective relationship with other planning functions, project managers, suppliers, procurement and key stakeholders.
- Liaise with Material Planners on the long term materials portfolio, and provide assistance and support to these when required
- Ideal candidates would be graduate calibre with strong supply chain experience
- Excellent excel skills and ability to interrogate data
- Strategic thinking required with ability to manage trade offs
- Proactively identify and resolve issues
- Strong communication skills to work with project managers suppliers, procurement and market and supply planning.
- willing to travel on an as needs basis
CHARACTER IS EVERYTHING
Flexibility is key to success in our business and many of our staff work flexibly in many different ways. Please talk to us about what flexibility means to you and don’t let anything stop you from applying.”
Please note: This role can be based in Edinburgh Park, Leven or Menstrie. The first 12 weeks training for this role will be based at our Leven site.