Channel Supply Manager - Off Trade
Could you use your expert customer knowledge and leadership skills to lead day-to-day customer service and satisfaction within our off-trade channel?
Diageo’s off trade channel (grocery, independent retail) represents 2/3 of GB Net Sales Value. The channel consists of 3 sub-channels: very sophisticated grocery channel, convenience and independence and wholesale. High complexity and sophistication of customers: very high service requirements and ambition to deliver a range of high profile collaboration initiatives.
A diverse workforce is essential to our success as a multi-national, multi-cultural business. Our aim is to foster a culture that provides opportunities for all, through the variety of different personalities, experiences and perspectives, creating a stimulating and rewarding working environment. By creating a truly inclusive workplace that recognises difference and diversity of thought, feelings and actions, we can allow our people to unleash the power of being themselves, always, to enable them to Celebrate Life, Every Day, Everywhere.
About the role
The Channel Supply Manager –Off Trade will act as an interface role between key customers and Diageo, managing the customer base for a country across the off-trade channel. This is leading the day-to-day customer service and satisfaction, driving customer service excellence and joint value creation in line with Top 3 consumer packaged goods aspirations. The role also owns and leads implementation of transformed ways of working with GB Commercial and Customers in the channel.
- Work proactively with off trade sales team and customers to maximise customer service and satisfaction, and to improve the supply chain flows between DIAGEO and its customers, focusing on cash, cost and value
- Lead the Supply Chain conversations with Key customers, including S&OP/forecasting and the logistic aspects of the Trade Terms, in close cooperation and alignment with the Commercial owners following the Customer Collaboration Principles
- Monitor service at an operational level with customers, using internal tools and customer Scorecards, owning Service and Out of stock KPIs on the BPM process
- Secure & enhance end-to-end service by jointly driving process improvement agenda together with 3PL & Customer Service
- Lead the development and implementation of the Supply Chain Joint Value creation plan. This requires close cooperation with Customers, Commercial, Customer Service and Logistics teams.
- Act as the key partner and point of contact for Commercial Teams on behalf of the Supply Chain Function
- Own and deliver key projects such as S&OP, Cost to Serve, Logistic Allowances and Warehouse centralisation with customers, delivering annual savings
- Act as the in-country interface between the Customer Service Team, ISC Logistics and our 3rd-party logistics Operator, defining the right roles & responsibilities and ways of working
- Demonstrates a strong and dedicated understanding towards the customer and Diageo requirements
- Extensive supply chain experience in leading FMCG, demonstrating result delivery
- Strong leadership skills
- Excellent knowledge of customers in GB
- Demonstrable ability to engage and align stakeholders behind plans and win support for implementing change
- Ability to lead in environments where influence is more important than formal authority
- Demonstrable knowledge of end to end supply chain and Customer collaboration and how to convert Customer requirements into Supply chain deliverables.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written combined with the ability to engage effectively at all levels in the organisation and Customers
- End to end supply chain knowledge, including OTC. Depth in Plan and Move.
CHARACTER IS EVERYTHING
Flexibility is key to success in our business and many of our staff work flexibly in many different ways. Please talk to us about what flexibility means to you and don’t let anything stop you from applying.