From Arthur Guinness to Johnnie Walker, our business was founded on people of great character. And in 250 years, nothing’s changed, women and men of great character continue the innovation with the same passion as our founders. We’re the world’s leading premium alcohol company. Our brands are industry icons. Diageo is where you’ll find a wide variety of personalities, experiences and perspectives, wherever you’re based in the world. It makes for a stimulating and rewarding working environment. We’re proud to be more than 30,000 talented people. And our success is thanks to the strength of our people, in every role. It’s why we trust them with our legacy. And it’s why we reward them with the career-defining opportunities that they deserve.
A diverse workforce is essential to our success as a multi-national, multi-cultural business. Our aim is to foster a culture that provides opportunities for all, through the variety of different personalities, experiences and perspectives, creating a stimulating and rewarding working environment. By creating a truly inclusive workplace that recognises difference and diversity of thought, feelings and actions, we can allow our people to unleash the power of being themselves, always, to enable them to Celebrate Life, Every Day, Everywhere.
We have a fantastic opportunity for an operations manager to join out world class packaging site in Leven. As Operations Manager you will be part of our best performing site of the year!
Your role as Operations Manager
- Delver world class performance in all aspects of the balanced scorecard (Safety, Quality, Service, Cost). Coordinate and develop departmental resources to meet balanced business scorecard
- Ensure that all health, safety and environment, quality, cost and reliability standards are met and driving conformance to regulatory and accreditation standards (e.g. ISO/HACCP etc.)
- Key player in the creation of the short and long term strategy for the site and driving the brilliant execution of it at hall level
- Provide outstanding leadership through strategic and systemic coaching, guidance and support to all direct reports and their teams, to facilitate achievement of department targets.
- Develop budgetary and capital plans, review existing equipment capacity and manpower in order to meet long range planning goals which are aligned to site and company strategy
- Maintaining and improve the quality and reliability of all assets within Packaging by the effective use of Diageo asset care systems.
- As part of the site leadership team, set objectives and priorities and lead the change management processes for the department.
- Role model the leading and management of change. Paint a compelling vision of the future.
- Can effectively flex style to approach issues from a range of perspectives to develop commercially viable insights
- Will need high level of energy to keep improving in a complex and demanding environment. This energy will be displayed through a persistent nature with the tenacity to ensure delivery happens.
The Ideal Candidate
- Degree level qualification or equivalent ideally in an engineering or science-related discipline or qualified through relevant experience
- NEBOSH qualified
- Strong leadership experience and a great track record in a world class FMCG production/manufacturing environment
- Strong understanding of packaging, processing & plant technologies
- A proven champion of manufacturing excellence leadership, management, tools & techniques
- Proven ability to build a high performance climate within large multidisciplined teams by effectively setting performance standards and coaching and developing others to achieve them
- Proven track record as a great coach
- Sound and proven financial acumen
- Track record of great engagement and communication skills