Quality & Food Safety Manager
In the role of Quality & Food Safety (QFS) Manager, it’s more than just a job title. It’s the heart of what we do. You will manage Quality, Food Safety, and Sanitation within the Manchester Plant. We drive for results by ensuring the delivery of required standards of quality and food safety, according to Kellogg policies, procedures, and practices. You will be directly involved with the manufacturing team, the plant quality department, plant leadership and plant employees. With your owner’s mindset in Quality & Food Safety, we will be able to work together to ensure the best actions with the best results.
WHAT WILL I BE DOING?
As a QFS Manager, you will provide leadership in setting and delivering the strategy for the Manchester Plant operation in the areas of Food (including feed) Safety, Quality and Hygiene by ensuring that the site has appropriate systems, practices and programs in place covering Food Safety, Quality and Hygiene which meet Regulatory and Legislative requirements, Kellogg Company Policy and European Standards..
- Identifying and implementing systems that ensure compliance with both Legal and Kellogg Company Policies.
- Establishing audit and control measures to ensure practices and standards follow established processes, ensuring appropriate action is taken when out of compliance.
- Driving continuous improvement in relation to Food Safety & Quality practices by supporting the identification of, and championing improvement programmes.
- Maintaining knowledge of legislation, policy, standards and best practice to support the identification of programmes to ensure compliance and continuous improvement.
- Develop and manage positive relationships between the operation and local legislative and regulatory bodies ie Food Standards Agency..
- Develop and manage site crisis management systems to ensure appropriate procedures and training are in place to protect employees, customers and environment and so protect the Kellogg business from risk.
- Manage Food Safety & Quality aspects of all capital investment projects on the site.
WHAT DO I NEED TO DEMONSTRATE?
- Degree qualified in Food Science/Food Quality
- Advanced Campden HACCP Qualification or equivalent
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to develop relationships across all levels of the Plant
- Demonstrable understanding and experience of Food Manufacturing is essential
WHAT ELSE DO I NEED TO KNOW?
- This role may require flexibility to work outside the core working time due to continuous shift working operation.
- This role may require travel to other Kellogg locations therefore a full driving license is desirable.
If you experience any difficulty when applying please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that the closing date may be subject to change. We will interview suitable candidates as they apply, so please don’t hesitate to take this opportunity to submit your application as soon as possible.
If you would like to be immediately notified of new Kellogg's opportunities, please go to ‘Create or access my profile’ and complete the information required in the ‘Job Alerts’ section. You will then receive email alerts as soon as new jobs are advertised
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, disability, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, trans identity, marital status, sexual orientation, age, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.