Position: Hygiene Lead
Reporting directly to Quality Assurance Manager, the Hygiene Lead will be responsible for setting, validating, monitoring and continuously improving the Hygiene standards at the Littleborough site, ensuring compliance with safety, legal, environmental, customer and corporate requirements. The Hygiene Team Lead will be also responsible for driving through effective, improved hygiene & factory standards to support the safe and hygienic manufacture of sauces, including all hygiene/allergen validation activities for existing and new equipment.
- Devise, implement and periodically review the site sanitation programme (to include master cleaning schedules, SOPs, risk assessments etc.) to ensure Company hygiene standards are met, maintained and improved. This covers both equipment and fabric.
- Design, validate and optimise cleaning systems (for fabric as well as new and existing equipment).
- Report on Hygiene KPIs to the site management team, highlighting and leading corrective actions to drive improved standards
- Maintain and improve all documented hygiene systems.
- Actively involved with the site environmental monitoring systems, including corrective actions for non-conforming results.
- Manage site hygiene audit programmes, including corrective actions for non-conformances.
- Manage the training, development and performance review for Hygiene team.
- Provide governance for hygiene training for Operations teams.
- Functional lead to support capital / CI / food safety projects. Act as the key enabler and Hygiene expert to drive through improved / optimised systems and procedures.
- Lead periodic reviews with the site chemical supplier.
- Subject matter expert for trouble shooting activities and for on-going technical support for cross-functional teams to drive through improved hygiene & factory standards.
- Be actively involved in third-party audits and in the site HACCP programme.
- Provide Technical support for the investigation and resolution of customer complaints and site non-conformances to identify root cause(s), corrective actions and prevent recurrence of the issues.
- Ensure effective monitoring and management of allocated budgets.
- Ensure full compliance with Company Quality, Food Safety, Health & Safety and Environmental requirements.
- Collaborate with Central Technical teams and Hygiene experts within the wider organisation to leverage best practices.
- Food based degree and/or relevant experience
- Hygiene Management Qualification
- Advanced food hygiene certification
- Relevant work experience of Hygiene Management at senior level in a food manufacturing environment
- Experience of condiment manufacturing preferable
- Solid grounding in CIP systems
- Knowledge and experience of BRC, HACCP including allergen management & validation programmes
- Knowledge and experience of environmental monitoring systems and listeria risk management
- Experience and knowledge of product microbiological standards and driving improved results for compliance
- Proven track record of delivering improved hygiene standards
- Proven people management & leadership skills
- Must be able to demonstrate a Scientific and Methodical approach to problem solving
- Eye for detail and auditing skills
- Be a team player with a “hands on” approach
- Approach to drive a management change
- Organizational and strong communication skills
At McCormick, we bring our passion for flavor to work each day. We encourage growth, respect everyone's contributions and do what's right for our business, our people, our communities and our planet. Join us on our quest to make every meal and moment better.
Founded in Baltimore, MD in 1889 in a room and a cellar by 25-year-old Willoughby McCormick with three employees, McCormick is a global leader in flavor. With 11,000 employees around the world and more than $5 Billion in annual sales., the Company manufactures, markets and distributes spices, seasoning mixes, condiments and other flavorful products to the entire food industry, retail outlets, food manufactures, food service businesses and consumers.
While our global headquarters are in the Baltimore, Maryland, USA area, McCormick operates and serves customers from nearly 50 locations in 27 countries and 135 markets in Asia-Pacific, China, Europe, Middle East and Africa, and the Americas, including North, South and Central America with recognized brands including Schwartz.
At McCormick, we have over a 100-year legacy based on our “Power of People” principle. This principle fosters an unusually dedicated workforce requiring a culture of respect, recognition, inclusion and collaboration based on the highest ethical values.
If you are looking for a new challenge and want to join a highly motivated team in a rewarding environment, seeking a competitive salary and benefits package and opportunity to work with a global flavor leader. Then please apply via our careers center at http://www.mccormickcorporation.com/Career-Center
Agencies: McCormick as needed will work with external recruitment vendors through our Agency Portal. Unless previously contacted, McCormick does not accept unsolicited resumes from external recruiting agencies.
McCormick is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer