Ultrapharm is a gluten-free maufacturer of bread and morning good products and is part of the Finsbury Food Group
The role of the Production Worker operates flexibly across the bakery, performing various tasks that enable us to produce high quality products. All team members are responsible for ensuring quality, food safety, health and safety and recipe and product standards and specifications are always met. The role of the Production Worker is vital to the success and performance of the bakery.
It is everyone’s responsibility to work effectively as a team to deliver the highest quality product possible in a timely manner, whilst conforming to site Health and Safety regulations. Accountabilities and activities include:
- Tinning and de-tinning of bakery produce
- Manual movement of racks, whilst complying to manual handling training
- Clearing up of spillages in the correct manner (i.e. allergen spillages)
- Disposing of waste/unusable product in line with procedures
- Reporting any issues to the supervisor immediately (i.e. glass or plastic breakages)
- Adhering to quality and GMP standards
- Undertake quality checks on production runs
- Communicate regularly with the team and contribute to overall improvements on the production line
- Adopt a ‘Clean as You Go’ policy at all times, which means taking pride in keeping your area of work clean, tidy and safe, which will help us to achieve a ‘green’ audit status with our customers.
- Follow all Health and Safety process and policy requirements to prevent accidents not only within the team but across the site, and reporting near misses and hazards immediately
- Work in a team to ensure the performance targets (KPI’s) and standards relevant to the area being worked in are achieved, including Waste Reduction, Standard Throughput, Yield maximisation, successfully pass internal and external audit standards, Hygiene Standards, Quality Standards and zero accidents.
- To take full responsibility for completing all the relevant training required to be able to carry out the role fully, effectively and successfully.
- Work flexibly with the business to manage changes in production plans, support effective changeovers within the allocated time
- Perform related duties as assigned by supervisor
- Maintain compliance with all company policies and procedures
- Other reasonable duties when requested
The Production Worker must work in line with the company values and demonstrate the following attributes and behaviours at all times;
- Positive Communicator with team members and workers across site at all levels with the ability to communicate clearly and positively and has a naturally ability to get on well with people
- Team-worker – a strong team worker and takes team working seriously, supporting other team members to achieve production performance standards and targets
- Ownership - take full ownership of the work you are responsible for, complete it successfully with minimal input and involvement from others
- Respectful - have respect for others in a multicultural and diverse workforce
- Honest – Do the right thing, own up if something has gone wrong. Stay true to your word
- Good work ethic is essential in this role, as is reliability, enthusiasm, hardworking and commitment to the delivering excellent performance for the company.
- Pride - Take pride in work that results in producing high quality standards
- Flexibility – be able to adapt to changing priorities, demands and plans as the business requires
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Previous experience of working in a fast-paced and challenging environment is desirable.
- Be able to demonstrate a good understanding of Health and Safety and Food Safety requirements
- Experience of working to set targets and deadlines
- Be able to demonstrate excellent attention to detail, being able to follow instructions at all times
- Experience of working on your own, using your own initiative, and to be able to work and contribute as part of a team is essential.
Hours of Work:
Working a 3 on 3 off shift pattern
Hourly rate of Pay:
£8.50 per hour