Senior QA Manager
Job location: Wolverhampton (WV9 5EU)
Cargill’s European poultry business is a leading supplier and innovator of further processed chicken products for quick service restaurants, food service and food manufacturing customers. Based out of our state-of-the-art further chicken processing plant in Wolverhampton, where we produce breaded and battered chicken products for major customers. This is a senior, site- based food safety, quality & regulatory (FSQR) role that will be responsible for managing FSQR compliance at the Wolverhampton site and be the first point of contact for the leadership team. The position holder will be responsible for the day to day management of the FSQR systems and auditors in accordance with all regulatory and customer requirements. In the event of non-conformances, the position holder must ensure that these are investigated and corrective actions are implemented.
The role involves managing the complexity associated with servicing one of our strategic customer’s and their biggest and most successful markets.
The key responsibilities are:
- Accountable for the management of the factories food safety, quality and regulatory compliance; including specific certifications (Global Food Safety Initiative/ British Retail Consortium) and customer requirements
- Work closely with the site leadership team to brief them on quality metrics and facilitate continuous improvement
- Use the sites data capture system to identify and resolve any non-conformance issues and identify long term quality performance
- Provide detailed reports for customers and management
- Manage the priorities of the FSQR team, responsible for the teams performance, engagement and safety
- Ensure the facilities auditing and product testing requirements are maintained consistently to the specified frequency and level of detail required
- Prepare for and lead audits and visits by customers, third-party organisations and local enforcement authority representatives
- Engage with other teams (New Product Development, Engineering, Operations, PQI) and ensure any changes made to the processes, products or technology are in compliance to Cargill, customer and legal requirements
- Deputise for the UK technical manager in their absence
- Help to develop talent management within the FSQR function
- Educated to a degree level (or equivalent) in a relevant scientific or food technology related subject
- Proven experience and success demonstrated within previous quality management/ technical management roles, ideally in a complex, fast moving food production company
- Broad and in-depth knowledge of ingredient and food manufacturing processes preferred
- Detailed knowledge of HACCP, GMP, hygiene, quality and BRC system accreditation
- Well-developed customer management, relationship building and leadership skills
- Ability to develop talent and to motivate multi-disciplined teams
- Collaborate closely with other colleagues and act with a customer focused mindset at all times
- Sound communication and influencing skills in fluent written and verbal English
- Ability to analyse complex problems, determine true root causes of failure and implementation of successful preventive actions
- Experience with statistical analysis tools applied to food safety and quality would be advantageous
Cargill is committed to being an inclusive employer.
Our usual recruitment process is as follows; candidates meeting the criteria will be invited to a telephone interview with a member of the Talent Acquisition team. If this is successful you will be invited to a further interview with the Hiring Manager and members of the hiring team. For some of our positions a final interview will also be needed.